Warsaw to Lodz

Hi ya all, I am heading to Poland and need to get from the Airport to central station in Warsaw. The to Lodz. I can't seem to find a website that can tell me the exact information I am after. Advice is welcome. Cheers Mel

- Posted by Melissa75 from Poland on May 14th, 2011

when you arrive at the airport you will get some men offer to get you a taxi, don't take their offer, instead go outside the terminal and get a taxi from the taxi rank, they will charge you on the meter and it will be much cheaper than the fee from the blokes inside the terminal. Should probably be around less than 20 zl (about £4). If you use the blokes inside the terminal they'll probably charge you 60 zl or something and then try and increase it. Ok. Once at the the central station, go into the main hall on the ground level, go to the iccc/intercity section where they talk good english and the queues are shorter, you can then buy a ticket for lodz, which will probably be less than 30 zl. Ask which platform it will go from. There are lots of trains to lodz so you wont have to wait long. Once you have your ticket, make your way down the stairs to the platform/peron. When train arrives get on it, your ticket will say which carriage and seat. When you get to 'lodz fabraczna' get off, this is the central station for lodz. Once again if you need a taxi use the rank outside.

- Posted by bluestaple from Poland on May 14th, 2011

remember lodz is pronounced 'woodge'

- Posted by bluestaple from Poland on May 14th, 2011

not shown