I'm moving to Warsaw - lots of questions...

I've just accepted a job in Warsaw, and will be moving in a few weeks or so. This isn't just a thread for one question, as I'm assuming I'll have many to ask over the coming days :) My first question is - when looking for an apartment to live in long-term, are there any particular websites that I should know about? I'll be living in an apartment paid for by the company for the first couple of months, but am keen to see what kind of accommodation I could move into afterwards, as soon as possible.

- Posted by essell from Poland on Sep 2nd, 2009

Hi! I moved to Warsaw about 6 months ago. I guess everything depends on how much you're willing to spend on said appartment. If you're looking for a better deal, I'd recommend the classified ads in newspapers like Gazeta. Having said that, I'm not too knowledgable on the subject, as I acquired my flat in a rather peculiar way. If there's anything else you need help with don't hesitate to ask! :)

- Posted by jamesio from Poland on Sep 3rd, 2009

my girlfriend and i recently moved to warsaw,i would definately recommend perfect properties and speak to a guy called radek,we went through what you will go through,so dont hesitate to ask any questions ;)

- Posted by warsawnoob from Poland on Sep 5th, 2009

Thanks for the replies. My main worry regarding finding somewhere to stay is my inability to speak Polish (bar the real basic stuff) - I'm wary of being ripped off :) Do either of your experiences come as people who don't speak Polish yourselves?

- Posted by essell from Poland on Sep 5th, 2009

im at the absolute basic level of polish,we have had a few english speaking agents do all the polish and negotiating for us

- Posted by warsawnoob from Poland on Sep 6th, 2009

i am looking to move out of my studio flat at end of the month and it will be available. its in the Old Town of Warsaw (a short walk to Pl Zamkowy (many buses from there) or Main Square - remnants of the Old Town fortifications outside my window). For 1 person its perfect. if anyones interested.....

- Posted by kriminal from Poland on Sep 7th, 2009

not shown