What's different in USA than Poland 4 visitor?

We have a 20 yr. old woman coming to Denver for 1 day. She wants to see an indoor mall. Is there anything else that would be different from Poland that she might enjoy seeing? Thanks!

- Posted by byubaby43 from Poland on Jul 30th, 2009

Dear byubaby43, Contrary to popular belief, Poland also has indoor malls, and some towns and cities have heating, electricity and even Internet ;) The best advice I can give you is that a 20-year old Polish girl in 2009 is not the same as a Polish girl in 1969 - meaning that the she will be as up-to-date and in touch with the world, technology, culture as much as a 20-year old American kid, so be careful not to sound or appear patronizing when she comes over to visit. As for where to take her, a quick Google search from here in Warsaw tells me that you have an attraction 15 miles out of Denver called Red Rocks that used to be one of the Seven Wonders of the World. I'd say that would be a great place to start :) Regards, Hoooooooopsa!

- Posted by SuperHoopski from Poland on Jul 31st, 2009

hi agree with hoops however... i know why she wants to visit the mall - its not to see the indoor structure, its to take advantage of all the fabulous sales! you can get decent clothes/shoes/house-wares at good prices, where the same thing here (or even worse quality stuff) will be more expensive :) remind her not to go too crazy bc each passenger is only allowed 2 suitcases (i think 50lbs each).

- Posted by 00citizen00 from Poland on Jul 31st, 2009

hehe indoor mall... yes it's true there are malls in Poland, but the American ones are part of an entire American culture, and many films and tv shows featuring teenagers shows them hanging out in malls all the time! another cool treat would be to take her to a classic retro diner - the perfect american experience that you'll never get in Poland!

- Posted by Fruity from Poland on Aug 5th, 2009

roller coasters!

- Posted by kriminal from Poland on Aug 5th, 2009

Living in america and living in poland is a culture shock poles are so new that they tend to over show there overconfidence being an american and living in poland i have experiences of poles trying to show me EG: oh! u dont have a dishwasher in your apartment,urrr!I can never live without one my nails u know.....(by a 24 year old) Gimmi a break face the facts! point is western world which is new to most regular poles now and now they are in seventh cloiud showing off wait till they realise the real facts of knowing one and owning them:)

- Posted by POLCIALAGS from Poland on Nov 20th, 2009

not shown