lawyers in krakow.

My experience of english speaking polish solicitors in Krakow has been a disaster. I have gone through 5 advocates so far. Has anyone had a positive experience with law firms here. Thinking of setting up a legal firm in Krakow that operates on a uk style model of practice and procedure with clients. Is there a demand for this?

- Posted by stjohn from Poland on Jul 6th, 2011

http://www.fidzinscy.pl/?a=pages&id=6 , did you try them?

- Posted by jeremiasz from Poland on Jul 8th, 2011

my experience is that your seen as a cash cow. 1st time i used a lawyer( a firm that an aquantance works for) i was advised to plead guilty and pay a fine plus approx 2k pln for their lawyer. road it out and all charges were dropped after 2 months( they were so trumped up it was a joke) Currently using a lawyer who advertises for english speakers for an issue and I will see what transpires. So far, so good. To be honost the legal system here is a minefield from my varing experiences. you defo get treated as a foreigner from police and lawyers. Despite knowing my rights here I am as well just accepting what they wish to do anytime they want. For me the system is a classic example of a free for all!!!

- Posted by e67away from Poland on Jul 8th, 2011

Thanks to those who have replied so far. I have not tried the firm Fidzinscy. Do you have first hand knowledge of them? I agree lawyers see us as cash cows. That would not be so bad if they provided results. There seems a total lack of strategy when addressing problems. Negotiated settlements aren't even worded tightly enough to be binding. I do feel at the total mercy of the system. It's a shame because I love Krakow so much. Buying here has turned out to be a nightmare.

- Posted by stjohn from Poland on Jul 8th, 2011

I have been travelling between the UK and Poland for 6 years now and bought in Krakow some 4 years ago and used Beata Kuczek-Maruta. They were excellent albeit expensive. However I believe it was money well spent given the advice and level of service they gave. The website is http://kuczekmaruta.com/ just click on the union jack for the english version. Good luck

- Posted by Gregheath from Poland on Jul 12th, 2011

I am an English-qualified solicitor based in Cracow. I cooperate with several local lawyers following the English model. If I can be of any assistance please let me know. Regards, Graeme Hogg (507122311)

- Posted by grahamhogg from Poland on Jul 15th, 2011

I agree that finding a competent and honest lawyer is horribly difficult in Krakow! There are tons of them ,there are on every street however i was not impressed neither by the quality of advice nor by their competence. I had to use at least 5 sollicitors and i found an honest one but her English is far from beeing fluent .The best is to avoid paying per hour and to offer to give a performance bonus because they do not seem to be consistant and good results driven...

- Posted by carolinette from Poland on Jul 23rd, 2011

Try www.prazuch.pl biuro@prazuch.pl speaks English and Polish and could not find more honest lawyer whatsoever; mainly works with Polish and Spanish companies and private customers but has had English as well

- Posted by AndreMiroire from Poland on Aug 26th, 2011

not shown