looking for help

Hey, I'm a 30 year old Irish guy moving to Krakow in mid august(hopefully around this time).My girlfriend recently moved back to poland and will have an apartment set up for when i arrive so the only thing i need to do is acquire a job i am currently mid way through a TEFL course and would hope to gain employment in this sector ,but it seems to me that nearly all schools are looking for people with 6months + of experience and a university degree, both of which i do not have.As time draws closer to my arrival in Poland i can honestly say i am a bit scared of what awaits for me in terms of employment.Does any one have some advice for me? Or even better can someone relate to my situation. I am not only open to this field of work i have worked as a chef for the last 8 years and also have a lot of experience in construction as my father is a builder and diy/home improvements is a keen interest of mine,i would consider myself as a very strong minded and confident worker usually , but as i said before this is a whole new experience for me (teaching) and i just dont know what krakow will hold for me.all advice/comments will be greatly appreciated . thank you.

- Posted by krakowhereicome from Poland on May 11th, 2011

Hi there! I can relate to your situation as Im planning on exactly the same thing!!I am moving to Krakow at end of July with my Polish girlfriend in the hope of finding a teaching job!I have completed a TEFL course and I will be moving there without a firm job offer!I have the philosophy though that if you want something bad enough,you will get it!!Im not getting any younger and I dont want to look back in 5-10yrs time thinking what if?Its best to try and fail than not trying at all I believe!!So it would be great to keep in touch with you!If and when I can gain more information,Ill be only too glad to pass it on to you! My name is Richard by the way! All the best!Speak soon I hope:)

- Posted by richwright from Poland on May 12th, 2011

hi Richard, thanks for the reply its comforting to know i wont be the only one in my position.Worst case scenario we can be unemployed together!! Fingers crossed that wont be the case, can i ask what TEFL course you did, and what field of work you are in? I usually have the same attitude as in your reply but as i said this is a whole new ball game for me, not the moving to Krakow i cant wait for that , i fell in love with the city a long time ago, its going there with only a minimum grasp of the language, and zero experience in this field of employment, i guess im mentally preparing for the worst!! is there somewhere on this site for private messages ,i cant seem to find any thing, and would like to give you my e-mail. speak to you soon i hope.

- Posted by krakowhereicome from Poland on May 12th, 2011

Hi, I am from the UK and moved to Krakow last October (also 30). I speak no Polish either but you can get by!!! There are a couple of international English schools here. I think the international school of UK and the American school. They would be a good bet for you to try. let me know if you figure out private messages, or I think you can post E-mail address and find on facebook. Best of luck, its a super fun place, :)

- Posted by penlou004 from Poland on May 12th, 2011

Hi there penlou thanks for your reply can i ask you are you working and if so what profession you are in and was it hard to find work or were you waiting a while before you got something? i know questions questions questions, but im trying to acquire as much info as i can before i get there.i have checked out the web pages for those schools and as far as i know they both look for a university degree, but that does not necessarily mean that they will turn you away at the door when you get there. Do you know personally any one who has gone down the same line as me? and are living ok from it. again thanks for your reply, hope to hear more from you and anyone else that would like to add to this topic.

- Posted by krakowhereicome from Poland on May 12th, 2011

Hi again! my email is richard.wright@live.co.uk....be great to keep in touch as we in the same boat!! regards, richard

- Posted by richwright from Poland on Jun 8th, 2011

Hi, Sorry a slight delay I have been away from Krakow for the last month. You can contact me on louisekrakow@hotmail.co.uk I can let you know what I have been up to. Sure you will find something!!!

- Posted by penlou004 from Poland on Jun 19th, 2011

not shown