need advice

hi! I ll be in Cracow in a few weeks and will be staying for a month. any advice about the weather, clothing, sightseeing etc. ?

- Posted by gozgen from Poland on Jul 3rd, 2010

Weather should be hot and sunny for your trip, so I wouldn't worry much about warm clothes. Even if you do get the ocassional shower it won't be cold. In the main square I very much recommend going inside St. Mary's Church which is incredibly beautiful. There are lots of things to see inside Wawel Castle. If you're not sure what to choose go for the armoury and Wawel Cathedral. Kazimierz is a nice area and is the old Jewish District. Szeroka square has many good Jewish restaurants which perform live Klezmer music every night. For bars I recommend Alchemia on Nowy Plac and Zaraz Wracam on Ulica Jozefa. Podgorze can be interesting if you're into WW2 history. It has the new Oskar Schindler museum, parts of the old jewish ghetto wall and the former-Nazi camp Plaszow (which is now just a big park with a monument, but is a nice place to go if the weather is good) Kosciuszki mound is a medieval mound which overlooks the city just to the west of the old town, and has a nice panorama if the weather is clear. Ulica Grodzka is good for food including Miod Malina (polish, international), Balaton (hungarian) and smak ukrainski (ukrainian)nearby on ulica kanonicza. Ulica Grodzka alo has the Church of st. peter and paul (the one with lots of statues outside) which has live classical music concerts most evenings if you're interested. For traditional polish food and atmosphere I recommend Babcia Malina either on ulica slawkowska (the restaurant can be difficult to find) or ulica szpitalna (opposite Slowacki Theatre). Although I should point out Babcia Malina does have menus in english, the staff rarely seem to speak it. Ulica Bracka and Ulica Florianska are good for cellar bars and coffee bars. Further afield theres always Auschwitz, Wieliczka salt mine and the Tatra Mountains. Have fun. Damien :)

- Posted by damien from Poland on Jul 7th, 2010

wow! :D thank you Damien! that's really great!

- Posted by gozgen from Poland on Jul 8th, 2010

No problem. I just moved back to England after spending a fantastic year studying in Krakow. I always love promoting the city. I hope you enjoy your stay. Damien

- Posted by damien from Poland on Jul 8th, 2010

not shown