Moving to Krakow

Hi! I'll soon be moving to Krakow and thought it would be nice to get in contact with some expats. Also, I'm wondering about which areas are advisable for living. I don't need to be directly in the city center, rather I just need an apartment (35-45 sq.m.) that's in a safe location, relatively cheap, with good transport links to the center (20 min commute). Any suburbs with recommending (or suburbs which I should avoid)? Thanks!

- Posted by Cetacea from Poland on Jun 16th, 2010

The Podgórze area is a great place to live - it's just across the river from Kazimierz and still close to the old town, but far enough away so it's not swarming with tourists. Also, there are more and more new cafes and bars opening in that area.

- Posted by bildungsr0man from Poland on Jun 16th, 2010

Great...thanks for the information! How about a bit further South - I've been looking online and have seen some apartments near the Plaszow Station (at Dworcova tram stop). Is this ok as well? How about Wola Duchacka or Łagiewnikach areas? Any areas to avoid altogether?

- Posted by Cetacea from Poland on Jun 16th, 2010

A friend of mine has an apartment to rent on Lwowska in Podgorze, mail me at clarky_phil@hotmail.com if you want me to put you in touch with her.

- Posted by skibum from Poland on Jun 16th, 2010

See this post - the best location in Krakow :) http://www.cracow-life.com/jabber/posts.php?thread=822

- Posted by iancracow from Poland on Jun 22nd, 2010

not shown