This weekend

I am due in Cracow this weekend on a stag do and given the current circumastances was wondering how this would go down and if it business as usual, thanks for any help and advice

- Posted by andytusk from Poland on Apr 13th, 2010

We have Obama, Sarkozy and Putin coming to town to bury the President and his wife. They say that 80 planes will be landing in Krakow over the weekend, bringing all these VIPs, their security and their aides here. Poland's in deep mourning. Business as usual? I don't think so. Everything's going to be shut and the normal stag antics that we've been tolerating up to now are not going to go down well.

- Posted by spoony from Poland on Apr 14th, 2010

Hi andytusk, to be honest, it's not at all going to be business as usual. The state funeral of the President and the First Lady is due to take place on Sunday and the US, Russian and French Presidents are all due to attend. Security will be at an all time high! Drunken stag antics are unlikely to be welcomed with open arms, if at all! Good Luck! Legendary!

- Posted by legendary from Poland on Apr 14th, 2010

If you've already booked your flight here, maybe hire a car and head to Wroclaw. It's likely to be muted there but not clamped down like Krakow. Sorry you guys can't have your fun because Krakow's normally a great place to visit, but now's not the time to push it.

- Posted by groovesoop from Poland on Apr 14th, 2010

Hi Andytusk, Check with whoever is organising your stag do. It is possible that they have put in place some alternative arrangements for you. We had similar concerns abut pre-arranged trips a few years ago during a period of national mourning for the Pope, and in fact most of the fears were unfounded. Whatever, show respect in public places and you will be fine, I'd imagine.

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Apr 14th, 2010

To be concerned about your stag do, and hoping for 'business as usual' in Poland shows a lack of understanding for the Polish people. They are united in their grief and anywhere you go in an attempt to engage in stag night antics will only serve to anger an already grieving population. You just seem to have no idea... Better to stay in your own country and carry on with you debauchery at home or go to Vegas.

- Posted by jsebunny007 from Poland on Apr 14th, 2010

Please give the man credit for asking for some advice, how was he to know this terrible tragedy was going to happen.

- Posted by bazzag from Poland on Apr 14th, 2010

The really sad thing is that he asked the question in the first place, more concerned about his stag party than about the dignity and solemnity of the occassion and the grief of the peolple? He had to ask? Wow, I'm not Polish, I am from a caribbean country and I know better than to post this kind of question online. I guess some people just don't have a sense of decorum about anything, just selfish attitudes. He should have just called the tour operator in the first place and not set himself up for a negative opinion. Even the Polish Ladies on the stag party circuit may not be engaged in such activities over the weekend out of something called respect.

- Posted by jsebunny007 from Poland on Apr 15th, 2010

The questions raised have not been answered. Don't judge just because he's put the word 'Stag' in the post. The people of Krakow are great people who have overcome many things in their long history. Come to Krakow with respect & the people of Krakow will welcome you. Enjoy.

- Posted by **somin** from Poland on Apr 15th, 2010

Because most of Europes air space is closed this weekend, due to the Iceladic volcano fallout the gentlemans stag party may not even arrive in Krakow. Which is just as well. Having been born and brought up in England, I also know how bad the behaviour is of most of the people attending these stag parties. They seem to have no respect for anyone or anything. As one person has already stated, better to stay in u.k.

- Posted by POLAKUKBORN from Poland on Apr 17th, 2010

Assuming you didn't get a plane here this weekend, this coming weekend or the next few weeks should be great times to see the city. Enjoy.

- Posted by groovesoop from Poland on Apr 19th, 2010

not shown