Beware of being robbed

Beware of thugs forcing you into cars taking you to cash points and forcing you to withdraw money. It has just happened to my son. Thieving pigs.

- Posted by dolorus from Poland on Mar 21st, 2010

Where? When? Did he report it to Police? This doesn't sound like something normal here and, to me, doesn't pass the smell test.

- Posted by groovesoop from Poland on Mar 21st, 2010

Wow, I've never heard of that happening here, what exactly were the circumstances?

- Posted by bildungsr0man from Poland on Mar 22nd, 2010

Doesn't pass the smell test!! Cheek. You think i made this up,you idiot. I have put this on to warn others in the hope it doesn't happen to them not to get ignorant comments from you.

- Posted by dolorus from Poland on Mar 22nd, 2010

I certainly didn't say you made it up. Did he report it to Police? I'm sure they will make quick work of it if they can.

- Posted by groovesoop from Poland on Mar 22nd, 2010

Could you please give the details of the robbery so others can be made aware of the danger? When and where did it take place?

- Posted by bildungsr0man from Poland on Mar 22nd, 2010

A number of thugs forced your son into a number of cars? Get your son to describe on this board what happened in enough detail that visitors would know what to look out for. Your comment is worthless because it would not help anyone avoid a similar situation. If there is any truth in what you wrote, and there are thugs in the habit of behaving this way, then by keeping the details secret you help them to continue doing this. Did the thugs use a girl to lure your son like the clip joints do?

- Posted by misterrocky from Poland on Mar 23rd, 2010

After a evening out with friends my son decided to walk home around one in the morning, he was alone. A car stopped and he was forced into it by two very big burley men. They then drove him to a cash machine where he was told to withdraw money. He deliberately put in the wrong numbers so the cash machine would keep his card.He managed to break free and being a very fit young man was able to make his escape. Thakfully all they got was the cash in his wallet. This happened in the centre of Krakov but they drove him a few miles to a cashpoint. He was advised if he reported this to the police most probaly nothing would be done, he was just thankful to get away.These people are obviously targeting lone tourists.

- Posted by dolorus from Poland on Mar 23rd, 2010

Wow, that's really terrible, it's lucky that he managed to get away. If he's still in the city he absolutely should report this to the police. While it's doubtful that they'll be able to recover his money, they could intensify their patrols of the area where it happened. Also, if your son is available, please ask him to contact the Krakow Post editorial office, as perhaps this could be something that could be investigated further: editor@krakowpost.com

- Posted by bildungsr0man from Poland on Mar 23rd, 2010

Do you know what street, or area he was in?

- Posted by skibum from Poland on Mar 24th, 2010

Very worrying. I have heard of isolated, but somewhat similar stories but relating to 'unpaid' bills form nightclubs. Krakow Post has an article about this scam. Are you sure this incident was 'out of the blue' so to speak or perhaps he was followed from some dodgy nightclub in an attempt to force him to pay for overpriced drinks etc? If he was just snatched from the street without any prior warning, this looks like a very nasty 'escalation of hostilities'. The loss of money is one thing, but the emotional shock will have been far worse, so I hope your son is recovering well.

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Mar 24th, 2010

not shown