Travelling in April

Hi all. I'm looking at travelling to Cracow in April sometime. I've been looking at this site and found out a lot of answers to my questions. I'm just wondering still about what it will be like at this time of year? Is the nightlife good in April? Is it just weekends (friday/saturday) when the clubs are open? Is it advisable to rent a car or just use public transport as its cheap? Not sure where to stay yet either. Very unplanned which I like but any suggestions for accomodation at this time of year? Possible need a guide for the best pubs/clubs also :) Speak soon.

- Posted by King0r from Poland on Mar 1st, 2010

Weather in April should be good - around 15 degrees. Bring a raincoat just in case! Friday and Saturday are def the big nights out. So many clubs and pubs to choose from - just check them out on www.cracow-life.com and read which get the best reviews. The 4 clubs on Wielopole 15 are definitely worth a visit. Enjoy!

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Mar 5th, 2010

That's awesome great. Just another quick question, Do any of the hostels you know of have spaces for vehicles? No one offering to be a city guide yet? Charming lol!

- Posted by King0r from Poland on Mar 8th, 2010

Hi, King0r, Most of the hotels near the center can arrange some paid parking nearby. Qubus, Holiday Inn (Centre), Sheraton and possibly Radisson have parking available on-site or nearby. But Krakow is not extremely car-friendly to outsiders. Would recommend parking and riding public transit, or walking when possible. If you're drawing on a strong currency (pounds, euros, dollars), taxis are quite cheap compared to what you may be used to. What kind of guide are you looking for? Enjoy your trip!

- Posted by groovesoop from Poland on Mar 8th, 2010

Cheers, I think I'll look at various hostel/hotel websites and look for onsite parking. Looking for a guide who knows the best venues/clubs for the best parties in town. Lots of booze! :)

- Posted by King0r from Poland on Mar 8th, 2010

King0r, I definitely don't recommend renting a car in Krakow, unless it's to drive to somewhere like Auschwitz (but even then, it's much easier to get there by bus). The city centre is really compact and most hotels/hostels are located walking distance to anywhere you need to go - and if not, public transportation is excellent. Weather should be pleasant, but in Poland during the spring you should expect the unexpected - one day you might be out in a light sweater, the next it might be snowing, so pack accordingly!

- Posted by bildungsr0man from Poland on Mar 8th, 2010

not shown