Best restaurant

can anyone help me to tell me the most romantic restaurant to visit with my girl?

- Posted by rabitisse from Poland on Sep 17th, 2009

It depends on when you will be here. Some restaurants have really nice summer gardens - I especially recommend Trzy Papryczki, which has a gorgeous garden and quite good pizza and Italian. If it's too cold for sitting outside, there are dozens of places to choose from, just check out the dining guide: http://www.cracow-life.com/eat/restaurants.php

- Posted by bildungsr0man from Poland on Sep 18th, 2009

Thanks for the reply.i would be there in winter. so can ya recommend me some nice place where its romantic, not crowded, and a place where u can have the best date in krakow!!

- Posted by rabitisse from Poland on Sep 18th, 2009

The Chimera restaurant (not the salad bar in the adjoining cellar!) is very romantic, in an old-fashioned, Cracovian way (ul. sw. Anny). But the food is a hit or a miss. Likewise Cyrano de Bergerac, but that is rather stiff, and expensive. Wierzynek ("Krakow's oldest restaurant") might be good, haven't been in years though. Trattoria La Campana is very nice, and a safe bet but Italian, not Polish. It's on Kanonicza street, which is truly a romantic spot, right at the foot of the castle. Good question? I'll have a think...!

- Posted by cracker from Poland on Sep 30th, 2009

Hi Not suggesting that the following suggestions are the best in Krakow, however they are personal favourites of mine and would certainly be more than suitable for a romantic date. `Szara` on Rynek Glowny, the main market square, next to Empik, is a regular favourite of mine, nice vaulted ceilings, and if you reserve in advance, a nice window seat looking out onto the market square. Their plank steak dish is superb. My other suggestion is `Pod Roza`, the restaurant in the hotel of the same name on Florianska. This is a more formal restaurant but exceptional food and service. This has personal romantic links for me, I had my wedding here. There is a second smaller Italian restaurant adjacent to the main Pdd Roza restauarant, which has an entrance on ul. Tomasza, but I havent tried that one. The other suggestions of Chimera and Cryanro de Bergerac are also good, you could also consider Paese, a small but good Corsican restaurant. Wherever you decide, I am sure you wont be disappointed by the meal or by Krakow itself. McGoo

- Posted by -McGoo- from Poland on Oct 2nd, 2009

Where did my paragraphs go ??????

- Posted by -McGoo- from Poland on Oct 2nd, 2009

Thanks for both of you guys. i wil be visiting my girl on this winter. She said she like this chimera.. but she was telling Wierzynek is expensive. is it really expensive? I mean she havent been there, so is this place really romantic? and how expensive is this?

- Posted by rabitisse from Poland on Oct 2nd, 2009

Wierzynek is frankly overpriced - they are famous so they can charge outrageous prices and get away with it, but really the food isn't anything special. Another recommendation is Ancora restaurant - it's not cheap either, but it comes highly recommended.

- Posted by bildungsr0man from Poland on Oct 5th, 2009

If only there was some way you could find out the menu prices for Wierzynek, maybe they have a website !

- Posted by monkey from Poland on Oct 5th, 2009

Wierzynek have a website in English, with menu prices in PLN at:- http://www.wierzynek.com.pl/en/wierzynek/starters.html

- Posted by -McGoo- from Poland on Oct 5th, 2009

http://www.cracow-life.com/eat/restaurants_details/74-Pod_Krzyzykiem I`ve been visit Krakow a several times, and Pod Krzyzykiem is one of my favourite restaurant, with a great service and excellent food. I mean it is quite romantic, as well.

- Posted by Nettie from Poland on Oct 7th, 2009

not shown