TOBACO

how much can tou take home to the uk

- Posted by lainey from Poland on Sep 4th, 2009

lainey, you're allowed to take 200 cigarettes from Poland to the UK. For every extra carton of 200 you'll be required to pay around £30 duty.

- Posted by King_Cantona from Poland on Sep 4th, 2009

Hi since Poland is a full fiscal member of the EU now you can take has many packs of cigarettes back to the UK as you like but the guidance is 3200 or 3kg of tobacco. It used to be 200 like it still is in the Czech Republic but no longer applies to Poland.

- Posted by DThomas from Poland on Sep 4th, 2009

a was told 3200 but hotel has told me 200 cigs am dunno what to do 4 the best dont wanna get them took off me at airport

Lainey i have not got the link but check the www.uk.gov website to allay your fears. I have been to Krakow 3 times this year 4th time next week and had no problems at all with taking 3kg of tobacco home and getting my bag looked at in the airport. They even started selling Golden Virginia in Belice Airport after the ruling.

will have a look at the site a go home on the 14th

had a look at that site but it says 200 hunner

I have just arrived back, you can bring back 3200, after that they will start asking questions.

- Posted by bazzag from Poland on Sep 4th, 2009

200 max , it is only if you are coming back from other countries but not Poland or if you are coming back from outside EU. For Poland, it is max 3200.Link is: http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageTravel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_PROD_010221&propertyType=document#P13_1311 By the way, Lainey, have you been to Zakopane(1h30 south of Cracow)? If not, you still have time to come to visit this famous and untypical city in the mountain of Poland. Let me know if you will come and look for accomodation.

- Posted by zabojat from Poland on Sep 4th, 2009

an other link: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/arriving/arrivingeu.htm

- Posted by zabojat from Poland on Sep 4th, 2009

You can bring as much as you like back from Poland but has it says on the government website anything over 3200 and they may start to ask questions. But then again you have to be stopped 1st. Flying regularly i have not been stopped yet.

hi zabojat were can you find mayfair in krakow and ru 100% ITS 3200 FROM KRAKOW TO UK

not shown