Auschwitz November 09

I am coming over 13/11/09 until 16/11/09 and was wondering if any one knew or could find out the bus times to Auschwitz. We will probably go on the Saturday 14th. I think there is at 8.40 and then about 10. Would be grateful if i could have some actual times so i can plan the day! Thanks Rugbygirl x

- Posted by rugbygirl from Poland on Aug 7th, 2009

Dear Rugbygirl, If you get time, have a look at a previous message posted around 13th July on Auschwitz tours on this forum. There is quite a bit of info there. I travelled on the 0710hrs bus which gets to Auschwitz just after it opens at 0830hrs. Try and get there as early as possible as your day will wizz by as there is so much to see at both camps.Hope this helps.

- Posted by BigTone from Poland on Aug 7th, 2009

Thanks Bigtone. Early start but well worth it!! Better warn my mother!!

- Posted by rugbygirl from Poland on Aug 7th, 2009

Dear RugbyGirl, When I was in Krakow in May, I found out that Schindler's Factory(near the Ghetto) was due to FULLY open in september 09 which you might like to add to your list of things to see & do (Mum Willing!!). Regards.

- Posted by BigTone from Poland on Aug 10th, 2009

A little more info for you. I recently visited Auschwitz, and they have changed their pricing policy. It used to be a free tour, the only charge was if you wanted a guide. Now between 09.00 and 15.00 they charge 33pln per person for a guided tour, which start at various time during the day, there is no other option than paying for the tour. If you visit after 15.00 you can still wander round at your leisure for free without a guide. Also the Schindler factory full opening date has been put back to Spring 2010 so there is still not much to see there.

- Posted by skibum from Poland on Sep 24th, 2009

Admission to the grounds of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial is FREE OF CHARGE. The fees are charged for engaging a guide. During the period from AUGUST 3 to SEPTEMBER 30, 2009, because of large numbers of visitors, entry to the Auschwitz I site will be exclusively on a guided, group basis from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

- Posted by asiulka from Poland on Sep 24th, 2009

not shown