Hotel Pricing

We are 4 seniors looking for a reasonably priced hotel in old town Crakow. I am amazed at the prices being asked in this depressed world economy. Even Paris and London hotels are way below their normal rates. Are the rates being posted ony a starting ponts, from which one negotiates? Thanks very much.

- Posted by Watchwait from Poland on Mar 25th, 2009

Hi there! I think the prices sound high is partly because the pound is so weak at the moment. That said, it is a good idea to shop around. If you cannot find a hotel at a reasonable price, you could also try an apartment. krakow-apartments.com is a good choice, and might work out cheaper. Regards, Jabber

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Mar 26th, 2009

krakow prices are dear now never use to be,i go to krynica and hotel i stay at is under a 100zl weak £ does not help use to be over 6zl to the £,its all crazy considering polish workers only get around £50 a week

- Posted by paulinuk from Poland on Jun 6th, 2009

Hi There Been going to Krakow for 4 years (ish) now and I agree the apartments are far better value especially in the old town. Hotels are expensive I agree but demand seems to be consistant hence the prices. Back in Krakow in July. Looking forward to it. Fantastic place and people in my experience.

- Posted by Gregheath from Poland on Jun 8th, 2009

Agree with the apartment advice. Also, look for hotels in the Kazimierz or Podgorze areas - it's still close to the Old Town, but might be a bit cheaper.

- Posted by bildungsr0man from Poland on Jun 19th, 2009

not shown