Don't visit, Unfriendlyiest place in all my travels

never in all my travels, have I felt so unwelcoming in a city/country! Apart from the minority, Poland is stuck in time, and it's full of arrogant, ignorant, unfriendly, unhelpful....I could go on and on, not only that, the polish yobs hang around the clubs waiting for tourists to ridicule and start fights! What a shit country, I will never be back! Party life..........eh........nope, goto Amsterdam or Prague!

- Posted by sugarmictash from Poland on Mar 15th, 2009

why r u soooo surprised???? WE just do not like drunk, rude, dirty n stinky people like u!!!! have a nice life

- Posted by peppersgirl from Poland on Mar 15th, 2009

haha, you just proved my point. Didn't even ask where I was from, and I don't drink! Read my post again.

- Posted by sugarmictash from Poland on Mar 15th, 2009

Are we talking about the same city? I've been living here for 7 years and have found nothing but friendly folk, to be honest...

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Mar 16th, 2009

I have been to this great city 17 times in the last 5 years, need i say more.

- Posted by bazzag from Poland on Mar 16th, 2009

yeah?.........you should try visiting more European cities. Krakow is awful!

- Posted by sugarmictash from Poland on Mar 16th, 2009

I reckon you should stick to amsterdam and prague, you just cant beat hundreds of drunken stags and seedy strip joints can you, you wont be missed in poland.

You Polish people just can't help your arrogance can you, what's with all the guys looking like clones over there anyway? with their skinheads and dour clothing and stern looks! Scotland welcomes people from all over the world, the best thing over there was meeting the irish, australians, and the Scandinavians in our hostel....who all had the same opinion of Krakow! I will be spreading the word how unfriendly your country is!

Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I would venture to suggest that yours is a minority view. Krakow was recently voted as one of the best 10 places to visit in the world by Wanderlust Magazine readers ( http://www.cracow-life.com/news/news/1422-Krakow_Is_Wanderlust_Winner ) and it has won lots of other similar awards as well. Sorry you had a bad time, but I'd politely venture to suggest the problem is with you rather than the city. Cheers.

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Mar 16th, 2009

I suggest you read my earlier posts about this great city they would suggest im not from poland im actually from liverpool, by the tone of your posts it seems you are the arrogant, ignorant one, you stick to your strip joints and i will continue to enjoy krakow for what it really is.

I love Liverpool, my band played the Cavern, and we had a great night out!

At last we found somewhere you like, cheers.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH......GOOD POINT but.....FAK U ANYWAY:D

- Posted by peppersgirl from Poland on Mar 17th, 2009

sugarmictash u r super irritating i am not surprised u r taking medicines:/

- Posted by peppersgirl from Poland on Mar 20th, 2009

A scotsman who doesn't drink - there's a first. Are you sure you weren't in Glasgow on a saturday night? (and no, I'm not polish)

- Posted by SPARTAKEV from Poland on Mar 20th, 2009

yes, I don't drink, I take seizure medication! Anyway, why are you so bothered about my opinion? everyone's entitled to their own opinion! no wonder we have so many Polish in our country, they must be glad to get out of that horrible country! And for the record, I get along and welcome the Poles over here, Scotland puts a smile on their faces :)

- Posted by sugarmictash from Poland on Mar 20th, 2009

lol :)

- Posted by spartakev from Poland on Mar 20th, 2009

i have just came back form Brill krakow & loved it!! suga!m! obviously has an attitude problem which results in people not warming to her/him regardless of the country.

- Posted by paulg1 from Poland on Mar 21st, 2009

the worse r irish....i never ever met sucha bad people in my all entired life.....

- Posted by peppersgirl from Poland on Mar 23rd, 2009

peppersgirl- you're as bad as Sugarmac - you slag him off for having a go at Poles, and you are doing the same with the Irish. All nationalities have good and bad people, I'm sure not all Poles are wonderful, just as all British are not drunken yobs - maybe it's just the attitude of some people that bring out the worst in people.

- Posted by spartakev from Poland on Mar 24th, 2009

spartakev the thing u wrote......is very touching!!!!!!!!! thanks u nothing gonna b the same!!!! THANKS !!!!!!

- Posted by peppersgirl from Poland on Mar 24th, 2009

xxxxxxxxx :)

- Posted by spartakev from Poland on Mar 24th, 2009

I went inter-railing last summer round the majority of europe, with a couple of friends. And out of the places we visited krakow was by far one of the nicest. So nice that we are going back tomorrow same people, same place, same hostel.

- Posted by seb1987 from Poland on Mar 29th, 2009

So the Polish thugs come to Ireland with one thing on their minds, violence! Thank you! What was more offensive was the flag specifically in support of the IRA murders a couple of weeks back. Police blamed a hard-core of ticketless Polish fans "intent on trouble" You Polish people disgust me!

- Posted by sugarmictash from Poland on Mar 29th, 2009

Well sugarmictash, you seem to have created quite a stir in this forum! Fair play to you for giving your opinion, even if it is in the general minority of tourists and visitors to Krakow. I'm half British, half Polish and so I've enjoyed sitting back and watching you all exchange blows on this! On the one hand some of your observations do have some credibility, but not as a generalisation of Poland and particularly Krakow. There are unfriendly people here, just like in almost any country, and there is certainly a problem with the "yobs" as you call them, at certain times. However, as someone who has been visiting Krakow for over 15 years, I can safely say it is one of the nicest cities you can visit. Unfortunately, the cheap airlines have brought with them the "stag" contingent, which the locals don't take too kindly too. Girls in clubs and even bar staff are tired of these groups coming over and pinching their ass's and expecting them to drop down and worship the ground they walk on. When someone goes to a bar and spends 70 or 100 PLN on a round of drinks, that is the equivalent of what they will earn for the whole night of work (if they're lucky!!). Fair enough, you had a bad experience in this fine city, but many more people have had and continue to have a fantastic time here, so I guess it's all down to personal opinion! Enjoy! Legendary!

- Posted by legendary from Poland on Mar 29th, 2009

Who is this ignorant sugarmictash character, from their description I certainly don't recognise the Kraków I recently visited. For the record I'm British and just spent 5 days in Kraków, a wonderful city and people. With a group of British photographers we timed our visit to coincide with Photomonth. I shall certainly be back next May along with my friends who have been visiting for the last 2 - 3 years, and hopefully there'll be more of us. I would recommend Kraców to everyone.

- Posted by techiesteve from Poland on Jun 7th, 2009

legendary u r right!!!!sh*t happens everywhere!

- Posted by peppersgirl from Poland on Jun 8th, 2009

legendary, you make a fair point!

- Posted by sugarmictash from Poland on Jun 8th, 2009

I was in Krakow for the weekend on a stag, i found the city to be both very safe and friendly. We had no trouble and also caused no trouble, we visisted a lot of pubs and clubs and were well happy with our stay. will go back. burntlip

- Posted by burntlip from Poland on Jun 17th, 2009

First off the minority of polish that visited Ireland & caused trouble where not carrying flags relating to any republican organisation the unionist used that so they could blame republicans at one point they even suggested they wherent polish fans but republicans in polish football tops LOL but when the english came here to landsdowne they did worse they ripped up seats dropped them on the heads of women & children below while giving nazi salutes until the Gardai moved in & kicked the shit out of them but under the british flag no country has killed so many civilians accross the world nobody complains about it being flown at football matches

- Posted by sean1986 from Poland on Jul 5th, 2009

I'm afraid I have to disagree with this affirmation. I have lived here for over a year and even if the Polish customer service in some places still needs a little improvement, generally people are friendly and helpful. The service here outbeats Switzerland (my home country) by far. Krakow is beautiful and the ambiance is really nice... you might just have been unlucky. I can only warmly recommend Krakow to everyone. D. ps. I am Swiss / Canadian

- Posted by deeleephoto from Poland on Jul 6th, 2009

Very harsh on us, Peppersgirl! We are nice, really!!! :)

- Posted by Irish_Hero from Poland on Jul 24th, 2009

pity answer was not more positive,shame.like what happened a why?etc

- Posted by paulinuk from Poland on Aug 31st, 2009

Hi, sorry I've been away, didn't know this thread was still going on! Krakow got better yet? you people got any friendlier towards the British?

- Posted by sugarmictash from Poland on Sep 1st, 2009

We visit Krakow for a long weekend every January. I am sorry to say I disagree with you Sugarmictash, I find the place and the people utterly charming, treat people with respect and you get respect back.

- Posted by andykaren from Poland on Jul 14th, 2010

I loved Krakow and didn't find anyone to be any more rude than you would get in every other city. A nice change from Dundee.

- Posted by charchar from Poland on Sep 26th, 2010

I loved Krakow and didn't find anyone to be any more rude than you would get in every other city. A nice change from Dundee.

Best city in the world! I don't know how anyone could not have a good time visiting Kraków.

- Posted by PolskiHipis from Poland on Sep 28th, 2010

not shown