Train tickets

My husband and I are planning on taking a train from Warsaw to Krakow in a week, staying 2 nights, then taking a night train to Prague. We have looked online at train tickets, but are unsure of purchasing them through a website. Should we be able to get train tickets in Warsaw and Krakow for these 2 trips once we get to the country? Do you know if they get sold out or there would be any problems?

- Posted by leastland from Poland on Feb 26th, 2009

Hey Leastland, You shouldn't have any problems buying tickets when you get to Poland for your trip between Krakow and Warsaw. There is the Intercity service which takes 3 hours and normally runs every couple of hours. As for the night train to Prague, that I'm not too sure about. If you want sleeping cars, then you might want to book in advance, but if you do it as soon as you arrive in Poland, you should be fine. Enjoy! Legendary!

- Posted by legendary from Poland on Feb 26th, 2009

For sure the Warsaw-Krakow train can be booked right before, as they go nearly every hour. For the Prague train, I recommend booking a couple of days in advance just to be safe, especially if you plan on having a sleeping place.

- Posted by djsilence from Poland on Feb 27th, 2009

Can you buy tickets in Warsaw a few days ahead of time for the night train from Krakow to Prague?

- Posted by leastland from Poland on Feb 27th, 2009

Hey Leastland. Absolutely, that shouldn't be a problem for you. If you go to the main ticket hall in the Central Warsaw train station (it's a big ugly communist looking building!), you'll find a whole wall just full of ticket booths where you can buy the tickets. The international ones can be bought from the booths on the right hand side if I remember correctly. Enjoy! Legendary!

- Posted by legendary from Poland on Feb 28th, 2009

not shown