march 2009

Hi all. I am going to Cracow (Krakow) in March as a surprise for my wifes birthday. We are staying in Qubus hotel. I would love some advice re best ways to get from the airport to the hotel, booking site seeing, good friendly bars/restaurants, money matters and generally things to do/see. I really want this to be a FANTASTIC break for certain reasons and all advice would be appreciated. Thank You.

- Posted by jimport1 from Poland on Feb 9th, 2009

Hi there! A good idea is to take a taxi from the airport - you can do organise this through this site - http://www.cracow-life.com/travel/taxi.php - For tours etc I recommend www.krakow-tours.com (I think they can also arrange your airport transfer) Brilliant restaurants include ANCORA (pricey but top-notch) AQUA E VINO (excellent Italian) WIERZYNEK and HAWELKA (for Polish dining). Something a bit different you might like to do, if the weather is good is to go to U ZIYADA restaurant on top of a hill overlooking the Wisla River. Food is average to good, but the view from the outside terrace is worth the visit! Hope this help, regards, Jabber

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Feb 10th, 2009

Many Thanks for your assistance Jabber much appreciated.

- Posted by jimport1 from Poland on Feb 10th, 2009

Hi all. Could somone please advise me of expenditure while in Krakow. Cost of meals, beers, wine, coffee, day trips etc. I have read conflicting reports on the net however I have to say this site is the BEST by far. Many Thanks for your assistance.

- Posted by jimport1 from Poland on Feb 14th, 2009

Hi again! OK, a Polish beer in a centrally-located bar is going to cost around 8 PLN per half litre (approx a pint!) Stick to the local brews like Zywiec and Tyskie which are great. Imported Heineken will cost 10 - 12 PLN and doesn't taste as good! Day trips to places like the salt mines and Auschwitz cost approximately 100 PLN per trip per person (a good site to use is www.krakow-tours.com) Meals are generally around 50 PLN per person for a good meal with drinks included. Some good deals at the moment are SCANDALE ROYALE (a full English Breakfast without tea or coffee at just 17 PLN - ate it this morning!) and all meals at NIC NOWEGO are good value. Also you could try DEL PAPA if you like Italian, or AQUA E VINO (as I mentioned before) if you want a more high-class meal. Of the Italians, the former will cost you 40 PLN per person, the latter around 70 PLN per person. Coffee in the town centre is around 8 - 10 PLN for a really good one. It's more expensive the closer to the Market Square you are! Enjoy! Jabber.

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Feb 14th, 2009

Jabber. Many thanks AGAIN for all your help.

- Posted by jimport1 from Poland on Feb 15th, 2009

not shown