Myself and a group of mates are staying in the Grodzka appartments, can you advise of any cheap bars that are close by?
- Posted by Dontwasteit from Poland on Nov 18th, 2008
Try 'Irish Mbassy' for all your alcoholic needs! Enjoy! Legendary!
- Posted by legendary from Poland on Nov 19th, 2008
Thanks. I've heard some bars are cheaper a little further away from the main square. Do you know of any?
- Posted by Dontwasteit from Poland on Nov 19th, 2008
Yes you will find cheaper bars once you leave the Old Town and Main Square, however, don't necessarily expect them to welcome a bunch of English guys with open arms. Also depends on what you're drinking. If you're just after beer then the cheapest you're going to find is around 6.50 PLN, and those can be found in Kazimierz but also in some of the bars in the Old Town. Enjoy! Legendary!
- Posted by legendary from Poland on Nov 20th, 2008
Thanks. We're a group of Scottish guys...will that make us less likely to be welcomed?? :-) Seriously though, we're a well behaved bunch. How much does beer/vodka cost in the bars/pubs around the main square?
- Posted by Dontwasteit from Poland on Nov 20th, 2008
It depends more on how many of you there are than where you're from ;) If there are more than five of you, I suggest splitting into smaller groups if you want to go to the cheaper, more local bars. The bars in Kazimierz are usually cheaper but cannot accommodate large groups very well. You might also try the bar Stary Port, on ul. Straszewskiego 27, as they often have beer specials.
- Posted by djsilence from Poland on Nov 20th, 2008
For larger groups, try CK Browar, which is very close to the Market. Anyone agree?
- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Nov 21st, 2008
Good idea Jabber! CK is a great place to enjoy a selection of beers and Vodkas as well. Decent size to accommodate a group too! Definitely worth trying! Enjoy! Legendary!
- Posted by legendary from Poland on Nov 21st, 2008