Luggage

Hi Everyone I shall be visiting Krakow in November 2008 and as I have read that all large items of luggage must be paid for when travelling on buses and trams, the penalty is very severe. I will have a standard size suitcase so where do I get a ticket from? and must the ticket be punched on the bus or tram? Thanks

- Posted by reddare from Poland on Sep 14th, 2008

Hi Reddare, are you planning on carrying your suitcase around with you during your stay? If you're only worried about getting from the airport to the centre, then you're fine. There is a train that runs every 30 mins from the airport to the central train station. It costs 6 Polish zloty and there is no extra charge for luggage! There is a free shuttle bus from the airport terminal to the train platform that leaves from right outside the terminal. Enjoy! Legendary!

- Posted by legendary from Poland on Sep 14th, 2008

Thanks for your prompt reply, no I shall only be travelling to the Hotel with the suitcase. As I am staying at Hotel Chopin, 2,Ul Przy Rondzie, I believe the 292 bus from the Airport stops near Hotel Chopin. Do I have to pay for my suitcase to travel on this 292 bus? Thank you

- Posted by reddare from Poland on Sep 15th, 2008

if you have a big suitcase on a bus or tram, you just need to validate two 2.50 tickets instead of one - one for you and one for the suitcase. you can get tickets at any kiosk!

- Posted by djsilence from Poland on Oct 14th, 2008

not shown