June 2008

Hey there I arrive in Krakow June 8th for two nights which coincides with Polands game v Germany in the euros... its a Sunday to Tesday trip two questions im hopping to be answered are... is there any football related trouble to be expected with regards to this match, we are from england and one of the lads has dropped out because he seems to think tehre is a lot of trouble regarding football... second thing is will it be busy on a Sunday/Monday night and whats teh best place to go for a stag party?? hope you can help as I just stumbled across this site :o) thanks

- Posted by lander19 from Poland on Apr 15th, 2008

Hey lander19. The whole thing of there being football trouble and what not in Poland has been slightly blown out of proportion! I'll admit there are the minority that want to cause trouble, but then again there is still a minority in the UK right? Without a doubt this will be a highly anticipated match and there will be a lot of interest in it, but Krakow is used to English visitors and if you're supporting Polska, then even better! If one of the lads has dropped out because of fear of trouble, then tell him to reconsider, as it's really not that bad. There are plenty of places that will cater for you and will gladly accept your money for some Polish beer :-) To answer your second question, there are always people out and about in Krakow at the bars and clubs, so don't worry about that. Also, if you're coming in June then the city will be buzzing with people. Places made for stags would be Irish Mbassy bar, Prozak, Cien Club and loads more. If you're coming for a stag weekend and want help with organising it my friend Kasia might be able to help. Email her at kasia@crazystag.com, and I'm sure she'll be able to sort things out for you. Enjoy!

- Posted by legendary from Poland on Apr 15th, 2008

thanks for your help mate that info is spot on! I may just pop her an email!!! i take it its a company she runs or works with yeah?

- Posted by lander19 from Poland on Apr 15th, 2008

No probs. Yeah she works for them and they're probably the most organised and professional guys in Krakow! Highly recommended!

- Posted by legendary from Poland on Apr 17th, 2008

I was in Krakow when my team was playing in the champions league quarter final 2 weeks ago. We watched it in Irish Mbassy bar not far from main square. Nice bar. 3 floors all with screens showing the football. Bar meals there are nice as well! Quite reasonable prices for beer/food as well.

- Posted by leeroy from Poland on Apr 19th, 2008

not shown