Public Transport to Auschwitz

Hi I'm going to Krakow in April with a group of 15 lads and we are wondering whether you can get a bus from the main square to Auschwitz-Birkenau. How much will it be/how long will it take? What is the bus number? Would it be better to get a train there and how far is Auschwitz-Birkenau from the station? How much would it cost in a taxi? Any info you can provide would be very appreciated. Thank you

- Posted by leeroy from Poland on Mar 19th, 2008

hi mate. can't remember exact details. think there is a bus that leaves from old town (although not main square - that is pedestrianised) to auschwitz. They are dirt cheap but a bit erratic especially on the way back. Should be fine just ask for more info at the tourist office - there's one on main square and on ulica Jana. Train is also possible and maybe more comfortable but when you get to Oswiecim (auschwitz in polish) you have to get a bus/taxi to the death camps. I know loads of companies will also sort out private transport for you if you wanna make things simple. Try www.krakow-tours.com they are the best i think and will give you a quote. Might work out quite cheap if there are a few of you

- Posted by badger from Poland on Mar 27th, 2008

not shown