Danish guy moving til Krakow

Hi there I am going to Krakow in February and I have a lot off questions. I hope that this forum can help me with some or all of them. I am 27 years all and will be working for a consultant company in the center of Krakow. 1. Where do you go out in Krakow? Concerts etc. Do they have any hangarounds for foreigners? 2. How much does it cost to rent a flat i the center of Krakow vs. the outskirts? Is their a good website where you can find theese flats or real estate shops? 3. Where is a good place to open an account? What do the bank need from you. Do you need to have a permanent address i Poland etc.? 4. Can somebody recommend a armature soccer club, maybe one with other foreigners playing?

- Posted by claus1980 from Poland on Jan 28th, 2008

That's a lot of questions! For good places to go out, this site has HUNDREDS of them in the DRINK section - just read the reviews to find out which places are the best. As far as banking is concerned, once you have an apartment and an address, it is easy to set up an account with just your passport. Any of the high street banks are OK, and they usually have forms in English as well for the application. If you need help with this, I am sure someone in your new company will help out! Enjoy Cracow - it is a fantastic city! Jabber

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Jan 29th, 2008

1. krakow is overrun with foreigners already. just go to any pub or club in the Old Town or Kazimierz. 2. very hard to get something inside of the Old Town, but nearby and in Kazimierz is possible. expect 1500zl to 2000zl for a good place (living room + bedroom + toilet + kitchen) 3. no permanent address needed. i'd recommend deutche bank. the have a branch right on the south side of the market square. 4. no idear.

- Posted by thekaz from Poland on Feb 3rd, 2008

it depends on what kind of concerts you'd like to see. local indie bands play at b-side club, while bigger concerts take place at rotunda or zaczek. deutsch bank is a good suggestion, they speak english. apartments in the centre are definitely more expensive, you can get one in the suburbs for closer to 800-1000 zlotys, in the centre 1200 zl+ is the norm. as for football, try to find some erasmus or other exchange students who play, there are definitely a few local teams of foreigners.

- Posted by djsilence from Poland on Feb 7th, 2008

Claus, will you be 28 years old this year by any chance? I have this extra sensory perception.... tell me if I'm right! Jabber

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Feb 7th, 2008

not shown