Flat share wanted

Hi, I'm a thriry something English teacher and I'm moving out to Krakow at the end of next week. I'm looking for accomodation with either an expat or an English speaking local. I really like the sound of the Jewish quarter but anywhere in an OK district is fine too. If anyone knows of anywhere up for grabs then please let me know. Also, where is a good bar to go to in order to meet up with some expats for advice when I arrive? As it stand at the minute, I'll be in a hostel when I arrive but obviously want to find a place ASAP. Thanks folks.

- Posted by AngloGeezer from Poland on Sep 21st, 2007

hi! Yeah, you will find it a lot easier to sort out a flat once you are here - but be prepared to spend quite a bit of time hunting around! Try posting up bits of paper with your phone number / email to get people phoning you - most speak English and many landlords are happy to have a foreign tenant - just make sure you know what the prices should be like before committing.... as for bars, try the Irish Arms - probably the most popular, expat-wise. Also the drinking hole in the Sheraton (SomePlace Else) is a good place to find people who might help you start. Good luck! Jabs

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Sep 25th, 2007

try posting something at Massolit book shop on felicjanek street, or else gumtree. You can post in english on gumtree, even if most people post in Polish

- Posted by badger from Poland on Sep 27th, 2007

Thanks a lot for that info, I'll certainly follow those suggestions. As for the Irish pub - I'll be the confused looking bald bloke with the guiness!

- Posted by AngloGeezer from Poland on Sep 27th, 2007

not shown