How to register a foreign car in Poland

Just to let you guys know, if you don't already, how to register a car that you may have bought with you from your homeland. 1) You have 3 days to pay the duty on the car. This has to done at the Oddial Cenly' Duty office. There are loads of forms to complete, all in Polish!! 2) The car needs to be MOT'd by a garagiste who is authorised to do the test. 3)Tax needs to be paid on the car so, tou then need to visit the tax office and bring all the papers that prove you have paid the 'duty' on the car and have an up to date MOT. 4)Pay 500 zl by electronic transfer to the bank account of the 'Urzad Miasta'and they will then orgaanise for a Polish number plate to be collected by you from their offices when it is ready. 5)Take all of these papers and the a completed WNIOSEK form that you find at the office where you have to collect the plates. Easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Posted by mariazebbar from Poland on Oct 21st, 2012

Well done! I have been told that I can't register a car from England, ie a right hand drive one. Is that true, do you know, please?

- Posted by katiecat from Poland on Nov 1st, 2012

I don't want to register my car (Italian) I will give it for free to whoever takes care of all the goddamn papers. It's old and malfunctioning anyway, but it still has a very good battery, winter tires and whatever you can take out of it. Write me at

- Posted by maxmaxmax from Poland on Nov 6th, 2012

Hi, I'm not sure but I will ask them when I collect my final registration papers, hopefully, at the end of this week.

- Posted by mariazebbar from Poland on Dec 18th, 2012

how much you paid in total for all this? if taxes are changing from car to the other ? thank you for all the information.

- Posted by araxeo from Poland on Dec 20th, 2012

I paid 600zl to the Duty Officers, 220zl for the registration, 160zl to the tax and I had to have an MOT that cost about 100zl, I also had to pay to have the French Carte Grey, Invoice for the car which cost about 280zl. Wow, quite alot really! The payments were all made at different times as you have to go to all the different offices. I drove my car from Paris as it is quite a new car with very low milage but if it had been old it would have been cheaper to leave it there and buy new! Are you thinking of registering yours?

- Posted by mariazebbar from Poland on Dec 20th, 2012

yes that was a lot of money besides a lot of running here and there between offices, no i don't have car i am just checking which way is cheaper if to buy car here or to buy it from other country and register it here, but first i need to know what to do with my moroccan driving license, do you have any idea? thanks.

- Posted by araxeo from Poland on Dec 20th, 2012

I have a european licence so it is recognised all over europe, no need to change. I am not sure on a Morrocan licence.

- Posted by mariazebbar from Poland on Dec 22nd, 2012

not shown