krakow at easter

hi, myself and a few friends will be going to krakow in april turns out its easter weekend. i never thought nothing of it but ive read a lot of places will be closed. any one now yes or no to put my mind at ease. will bars and nightclubs still be open?

- Posted by bazill from Poland on Aug 5th, 2011

You shouldn't be worried if you plan a bit. I would strongly recommend making meal reservations for Easter Sunday and perhaps Monday, or be prepared to cook for yourself on Sunday, at least. In the very centre before Easter and the Tuesday after, you probably will have no problems with food or clubs. But the Friday before Easter there is a tendency for many places, including museums, to close early or for periods of time so staff can attend church services. The clubs and restaurants in the centre will be open. Saturday can be a mixed bag of things open and closed but the clubs will probably be open if empty. They will close if it's quiet, and with many Polish people preparing for Easter, it may happen at more than less. Sunday is probably going to be pretty tough to find open places, except maybe in the very centre or at hotels. And Monday, being the second day of Easter, most shops are required to be closed then, too, though many restaurants re-open at lunchtime and the pubs may be back in the evening. Stag groups just need to keep things a bit tame in public that weekend and stick to non-religious themes in their costumes (no nuns, priests, etc.) and they'll be OK. Now, with all that warning, you can have an amazing time at Easter in Poland. It's a beautiful time with many flowers all over and sometimes beautiful days. It will rain like crazy sometimes, but it's a nice time of year. Best advice is to plan those few days well (call or check online) then the rest will be easy. Good luck.

- Posted by groovesoop from Poland on Aug 8th, 2011

On Easter and Christmas the place is generally dead. Most recreational places are closed (clubs, restaurants). Bad timing to come unless you are going directly to Polish relatives for dinner and do not plan to hang out outside.

- Posted by gigikpost from Poland on Aug 13th, 2011

not shown