Native dishes of Krakow

Can anybody help me with some info about the most delicious treats in Krakow? I am interested in Krakow street food, desserts, drinks, etc.

- Posted by Nickcooks from Poland on Jul 20th, 2011

Hej, hej! What I would recommend? PIEROGI RUSKIE of course- they are served in every small or big restaurant. You have to try GOŁĄBKI, BIGOS and BARSZCZ CZERWONY as well.I think we dont have one excellent place with such food.The most famous restaurant, but not the best is"Wierzynek"."Szara" is a good but not cheap place. Everything is around main square. Then you have to try OBWARZANEK- typical kind of bread selled in every corner and small cheese from mountains-OSCYPEK. About sweets- visit "Słodki Wentzl"on the main square-they have the best ice-cream in the city, also cakes. Near this one there is not bad and cheaper "Arlekin". Hot chocolate- on main square- pijlania czekolady (hot chocolate place) Wedel and sweet shop with sweets Wawel :)For cafe go to Loch Camelot between Jana and Floriańska street or other one on Wiślna. Drinks? I love shoots in Barocco on Jana. And dont forget to try Tatanka( żubrówka+ apple juice)! Have fun! :)

- Posted by verthandi from Poland on Jul 24th, 2011

To my Polish taste the best Polish food I have ever eaten can be found in Nostalgia, located in the backyard of Karmelicka 10: http://www.nostalgia.krakow.pl/index-en.htm Haven't been there for a while, but I hope they keep the standards high. If your budget is less impressive, try Zapiecek at Sławkowska Street, they have all Polish classical dishes; it's placed almost next to Rossmann Hope you will have a nice feast!

- Posted by gardenersdog from Poland on Jul 27th, 2011

That's truth- many people praise Nostalgia. I have to drop in, I almost forget this place where they served nice duck! :)

- Posted by verthandi from Poland on Jul 28th, 2011

not shown