Don't Digest Death Caps

A leading toxicologist from Poznan has issued a warning to all those planning to participate in the traditional annual mushroom pick: exercise caution and make sure you know what you are eating.

There are currently 7 people in Poznan hospital undergoing treatment for mushroom poisoning, having eaten the extremely toxic death cap mushroom after mistaking it for the benign - not to mention tasty - parasol variety. Dr Magdalena Glebocka, toxicologist at the hospital, said that poisoning by death cap is difficult to treat and in most cases the liver has to be transplanted. If no alternative liver is found then death is likely.

The message therefore is clear: if you're planning on going down to the woods today then make sure you aren't suprised - know what you're eating before you eat it!


not shown