Americans Moving to Wroclaw

Hi Everyone, A friend and I are moving to Poland in mid February. I was wondering if anyone could let me know what the average cost would be for a decent apartment 2 bedrooms 1 bath in the city? I've been looking online but it hard to tell when they list the price as 1200 pln then tack on another 600. I just need to know what to budget for, so if anyone could help, that be great! Thanks.

- Posted by laurachristen from Poland on Jan 18th, 2012

FLAT IN WROC ADVICE, 2 BEDROOM FL means here u have no living room, otherwise it's 3-pokojowe 1200-2000pln to the landlord, depending on distance from the centre/standard PLUS: MEDIA(GAS,ELECTRO,BROADBAND,SOMETIMES WATER INCL. HERE TOO) circa 600PLN PLUS (very often)SO CALLED "rent" to the housing association (something like council tax in UK) KAUCJA=WHATEVER THE LANDLORD WISHES REALLY, DO NOT PAY MORE THAN ONE MONTH'S RENT IF YOUR'E LUCKY U'LL GET A flat for 2500-3000ALL INCL. IF U WANT SOMETHING DECENT, CENTRAL FLATS COULD BE THREE TIMES THIS OF COURSE BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU'RE SIGNING NO MONEY BEFORE U SIGN THE LEASE IF U NEED ANY FREE ADVICE/TRANSLATION LET ME KNOW, GLAD TO HELP WISH SOMEBODY HAD OFFERED ME HELP ON MY TRAVELS :) GUMTREE WILL BE USEFUL HERE GOOD LUCK!! AND BE CAREFUL! NO MONEY UNTIL YOU HAVE THE KEYS AND THE LEASE, ONLY BANK TRANSFERS WHEN U'RE HERE LET ME KNOW IF U NEED ANY MORE CLUES/STANDARD DOCUMENTS LIKE A LEASE ETC. TAKE CARE Agi101010

- Posted by Agi101010 from Poland on Jan 20th, 2012

not shown