Thinking of Retiring to Wroclaw

Hello everyone, I am an American who has been in the US military for a little over 20 years now. I am currently in Naples, Italy and am thinking of retiring within the next 2 years or so. I am curious of the life I could live in Wrowclaw. Any advise anyone could give, would be greatly appreciated.

- Posted by tmbrwlf1997 from Poland on Dec 4th, 2009

hey timberwolf - retiring to anywhere in Poland is a great idea. Wroclaw is a fantastic city + close to basically all of Europe so easy to take short trips from here as well. I couldn't wait to get here as fast as I could from texas :) 4.9 years now and counting. . .

- Posted by kriminal from Poland on Dec 9th, 2009

I would say don't retire to Wroclaw, or at least not without giving it a fairly detailed test before you do! Attractive city perhaps, but NOT a welcoming one for non-Polish visitors!

- Posted by Tony8652 from Poland on Jan 12th, 2010

Hi, i live in Woclaw almost 30 years. Im Polish. Do not choose Wroclaw. Think about other city for example Karpacz( mountains). Wroc³aw is loud and dirty city i do not like it. Best wishes M

- Posted by MagdaHerman from Poland on Jan 22nd, 2010

So it seems that even a long term Polish resident does not rate Wroclaw highly ...............now Karpacz, that's another place altogether, but you need to like snow and skiing in Winter!

- Posted by tony8652 from Poland on Jan 23rd, 2010

To avoid any unpleasant suprises: Wroclaw is not the captital of Kopenhagen.

- Posted by 144metbami from Poland on Jan 23rd, 2010

I stay some weeks now and then in W-law because it is a nice place and cost of living is low. People are very friendly to foreiners, like as you are a vip person compared to the residents. Problem is the language, it is really hard to learn...

- Posted by janneott from Poland on Jan 24th, 2010

not shown