Fire Emergency at 911

There was panic at the disco early on Sunday morning when a fire show went tragically wrong at strip club 911. It's thought that a performer's clothes were set on fire which in turn ignited a container of flammable liquid starting the blaze in earnest.

A hundred and fifty people were evacuated from the club, ironically named after the emergency services number 911. Ten people however died from carbon dioxide poisoning, with four more hospitalized.

The incident underlines Russia's poor health and safety record. An estimated 17,000 people died in fires last year.


not shown