The Cobblers' Bridge is the third of Ljubljana's popular thoroughfares over the Ljubljanica river which the city's street life centres around. Formerly a wooden bridge connecting Mestni trg (Town Square) and Novi trg (New Square), the original Cobblers' Bridge featured space for cobblers' workshops (hence the name) and hosted a statue of Christ at the south end which has been relocated to St. Florian's Church. Designed and built by some guy named Plecnik in 1931/32, the current bridge gets its distinct appearance from its broad balustraded walking platform and tall, different sized pillars topped with stone balls. Two posts in the middle of the bridge are shorter, offset and topped with lanterns to give it a more dynamic appearance. Zippy.