Local Life Riga is about to select candidates for Best Places awards, dedicated to rewarding and encouraging excellence in products, service and ideas. You are helping us to make the best choice.
Studio 69 has 0 votes. Click here to see the results.
You can vote once a day for your favourite place.
Studio 69 is a bit choosy about who is allowed through the doors and onto one of the hottest dance floors in Riga.
It's definitely not a drop-in kind of venue - the smart casual dress code and strict ban on trainers suggest a degree of forward planning.
Its location at the Royal Casino Hotel and Spa adds a touch more glamour and class, and the fact that its limited opening (Fridays and Saturdays only, 10am-6pm) mean it is a spot that is always in demand.
Not surprising really, as this is where some of Riga's best weekend and celebration parties take place and all the beautiful people come to dance, drink champagne and schmooze. It's not on the cheap side, but your Lats will be well spent if you prefer the finer things in food and drink.
Editor & Riga Local
69 its bad place, cos of girls-hunters, they like to take all ure cash for nothing+they can work in a strip club, cos in the 2 floor(balcony) there is a strp bar Tutti-Frutti, and it is extremely bad...girls and attitude
Last weekend I went to Riga for sightseeing plus get some fun.
I was in Riga two weekend nights - Fri-Sat and Sat-Sun. The 1st night I spent in The Club and 2nd in Studio 69.
What was good about S69:
- 5 or 6 dance floors (R&B, local dance music, rock, disco, techno...)
- a lot of people. I personally like it, but not everyone does.
- friendly people who mostly knows how to party.
What I hate about this place:
- quite expensive. Ticket cost 10 Ls
- you need to be really careful in the bars, they ripped me off for another 10 Ls: I paid 20 Ls for a drink but bartender girl gave me change like for 10! Of course - explanations didn't help, I wanted to talk to her manager etc. Of course, no way to prove my right. And to be honest - unless you will pay using a credit card or exact amount there is no way to prevent that.
- EXTREMELY loud music. I'm not kidding, almost for whole next day I was hearing noise in my ears. If you really care for your hearing - avoid this place.
Overall - 5. For sure - I'll not come back there (although I'm planning to go to Riga soon).