Local Life Krakow is about to select candidates for Best Places awards, dedicated to rewarding and encouraging excellence in products, service and ideas. You are helping us to make the best choice.
Komisariat has 0 votes. Click here to see the results.
You can vote once a day for your favourite place.
This oft-overlooked Plac Nowy dive is the unexpected legend of Kazimierz. There is so much we love about this place. It's not considered 'cool' by the cool crowd (but we don't think theses people have very good taste) and it hasn't made itself a famous name either... but it's always full of happy people, mostly locals with a solid sprinkling of expats and tourists and it's stuck around for years in competitive Kazimierz, as so many other businesses closed up. This is for several good reasons.
1. Healing atmosphere. It has some kind of beautiful, open magical kind of energy which always makes you leave feeling better than when you arrived. It feels free and non-judgemental. The flickering candlelight adds extra power.
2. You can draw on the walls and people have been doing it for years, there are layers upon layers. Add your voice and stay forever.
3. They actually sell the cheapest drinks in Kazimierz
4) Even though it's already the cheapest, they give you free snacks alongside every single drink you order! For every vodka shot you get a skewered mix of olive, mushroom, cheese or meat. With every beer you get a delicious little baked pizza scroll.
5) There's an area where you can smoke inside-ish. We love their beautiful wood laden indoor garden area in where you can smoke and drink at the same time (very rare these days).
6) Really great music playlists - classics like Cream, The Doors, Beatles, off-beat stuff, somehow whatever song has been in your head or one from a long distant but sweet memory which you've never ever heard played by a pub/bar/cafe.
Editor & Krakow Local