route from Zakopane to Vysoke Tatry

Dear Sirs, I'm going to stay in Zakopane for winter holidays by car and I'd like to visit town Vysoke Tatry as well but don't know how. If the way by car is very dangerous in winter season then I have to choose another way by public transport. Could you advise me: will I be able to reach in winter season Vysoke Tatry with any problems by car without snow tyres or I'll should find another way - by public transport for example?

- Posted by from Poland on Jul 4th, 2011

Hello Dear, in winter season, the roads to get to any resorts of the Vysocke Tatry area will be icy and snowy in most of the roads straight and most with turns. So, to get there by car , it is required to have winter tyres or snow chains(but it will take longer and chains may be damaged quickly) , OR you may take a private bus shuttle bus from Zakopane to any of the resorts of VT. www.strama.eu for buses rides timetables from Zakopane to Slovakia.Hope ths anwer helps. Staff of Ogrodygorskie( 1 of the 3 residences of very comfy apartments in and around Zakopane)

- Posted by ogrodegorski from Poland on Jul 4th, 2011

Thank you for your useful information I'll keep in mind it. Is this way *I mean by bus* more safe?

- Posted by akaandy from Poland on Jul 5th, 2011

The buses of private company Strama are quiet new, with winter tyres in winter ; and the driving staff is experienced.So, it is for sure more safe to get there by bus than by your own private car without winter tyres.It will be less stress for you.Also, you have to check their restrictive timetables to make sure that they suit you. But hopfully, you will spend more time in snowy white Zakopane than VT.Staff of Ogrodygorskie( 1 of the 3 residences of very comfy apartments in and around Zakopane).Hope the answer helps.Staff of Ogrodygorskie( 1 of the 3 residences managed by us of very comfy apartments in and around Zakopane)

- Posted by ogrodegorski from Poland on Jul 5th, 2011

Dear Sir, I appreciate your assistance. In my mind your offer concerning appartaments in Zakopane is very interesting. Could you provide me with details skype (andreikrolevec).

- Posted by akaandy from Poland on Jul 6th, 2011

not shown