Where to go for a cooling down?
Sometimes it can get hot in the Netherlands. The last couple of years summer hasn't arrived when we expected it, but it surprised us at the strangest moments. Whenever summer is, when the temperatures rise you might be looking for places where you can cool down a bit. Whether it's a local beach near Eindhoven you're looking for, a huge lake in a town nearby, or an indoor swimming pool, we have it all. Here's a little overview of the places to explore:
- Ir. Ottenbad, in- and outdoor swimming pool in Woensel, 0-3 years € 3,00, 4+ € 6,00
- IJzeren Man (Iron Man), man-made lake with beaches, northeast from the city centre, 4+ € 4,00
- Landal Het Vennenbos, holiday park with beautiful indoor swimming pool, also possible to visit if you're not staying in the park, prices vary
- Aquabest, large lake in Best, north of Eindhoven, 0-12 years € 4,00, 13+ € 5,00
- Witven, lake with beaches and shady grassy areas, in Veldhoven, 0-12 years € 4,50, 13+ € 5,00
- E3-strand, a large recreational lake in Eersel, 3+ € 5,00
- Laco strandbad Nuenen is a beautifully located in the woods natural pool, terrace, large lawn, naturist beach, miniature golf, canoe hire and ample free parking. The entree ticket costs € 5,95.
If your favourite place isn't listed here, let us know and we'll add it!
The Strandbad in Nuenen is missing in this article, a very fine lake to swim in.Reply
Thank you for notifying us! We are happy to inform you that we added the Laco strandbad Nuenen to our article.Reply
Eindhoven is a city in the NETHERLANDS...not Holland...If one of the goals is to educate and inform foreigners, do feed the general misconception that Holland is the same as The NETHERLANDS... I,m a Nederlander, Not a HollanderReply
What's the difference between Holland and Netherlands.Reply
Holland = 2 of the provinces in the Netherlands, North Holland and South Holland. The entire country is the Netherlands.Reply