Germans/British People in Wroclaw?

Hello, we are a german familiy who actually lives in England. My husband has been offered a job in Wroclaw. There is not really a choice... I am ever so scared to move. I have no clue about the language and we are quite happy here. Are there any any people from England or Germany over there who could help with answering some questions? Your answer is very much appreciated! Thanks! Hallo, wir sind eine deutsche Familie, die zur Zeit in England lebt. Meinem Mann wurde eine Stelle in Wroclaw angeboten und wir haben nicht wirklich eine Wahl, ob wir gehen wollen oder nicht. Wir fuehlen uns hier gerade sehr wohl und ich habe echt Angst, vor einem Umzug und jede Menge fragen. Gibt es jemanden, der mir helfen kann? Vielen Dank fuer jede Unterstuetzung Andrea Andrea

- Posted by Andrea from Poland on Oct 20th, 2009

Hi Andrea My wife and I have recently moved to Wroclaw. There is no need to be afraid. We have found the locals to be extremely friendly and helpful. There are also many ex pats, so I think you will fit in quite easily. Wroclaw is a lovely city with a fantastic atmosphere. My wife loves the choice of shopping venues. If there is anything that my wife or I can assist you with, please dont hesitate to ask. I think it is OK for me to give you my contact details on this site, email len.boucher@gmail.com and mobile +48 513 008 550. My wife and I look forward to the posibility of meeting up with you and your husband. Best regards Len and Alma

- Posted by len.boucher from Poland on Oct 26th, 2009

Why don't we stop using calling this place Wroclaw because most people still call it Breslau.

- Posted by 144metbami from Poland on Jan 23rd, 2010

Wroc³aw and Breslau are the two names of the same city but in different languages. Breslau is the German one and Wroc³aw - Polish. I hope it is simple to understand. Best regards, Robert

- Posted by miltony from Poland on Feb 6th, 2010

not shown