Gym that you can do Olympic Weightlifting?

Hey guys! Just moved here from Canada a few days ago, and living here for the next few months. Anybody know of a gym that is olympic weightlifting friendly? I do Crossfit and not huge into the machines. Cheers!

- Posted by feeman_4_life from Poland on Sep 25th, 2010

Hi freeman, welcome to the forum! I'm not totally into weightlifting, but there is a gym called PURE in Galeria Kazimierz. I am sure you will be able to track them down via Google! If they are not suitable, they may at least be able to help point you in the right direction. Cheers, Jabber

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Sep 26th, 2010

Thanks. Will check that out today!

- Posted by feeman_4_life from Poland on Sep 30th, 2010

Pure is probably the most expensive in town. Try these: http://www.rik-fitness.pl/index.html http://www.relax.net.pl/ Relax is owned by a champion weightlifter, so should be friendly for bar-heads. R-K is really cheap and a lot of big guys go there. It's also handy to the University campus.

- Posted by educlos from Poland on Oct 1st, 2010

Hi feeman_4_life, I am also looking for place where I could do Olympic Lifting. Please let me know if you find one. I've checked the gyms mentioned here, none of them are olympic lifting gyms...they more bodybuilding/powerlifting gyms.

- Posted by amangeldy from Poland on Oct 23rd, 2010

Agreed. Pure is garbage. I don't encourage ANYBODY to go there. They hard sell you and artificially inflate prices because you are a foreigner. It's greasy used car salesman techniques. I haven't found a good Olympic Weightlifting gym at all. I actually think they don't exist here. I ended up settling for Team Fitness in Podgorze since it is near where I live. But everybody there are the bodybuilder, powerlifter type. I'm pretty sure I get the intense stares as I am the only one doing Crossfit WODS. Let me know if anybody finds anything! I refuse to believe that Krakow doesn't have a facility that lets you do Olympic Weightlifting.

- Posted by feeman_4_life from Poland on Oct 23rd, 2010

not shown