beer prices,good restaurant,train station

hi all,guys my wife and i are going to krakow at the start of feb,can anyone tell me whats the beer like there and is it pricey?also we are staying around the kazmierez district can anyone recommend a good restaurant,and last one ,is the train easy to get from the airport and what terminal would you recommend for my district? many thanks steve

- Posted by steve38b from Poland on Jan 7th, 2010

Hi Steve. firstly the most common beers are Tyskie and Zwiec - not much to choose between them, hope you like lager, expect to pay anything from 5 to 12 zloty depending on what sort of place you drink in. There are lots of great restaurants and bars around Kazimierz, no real need for recommendations a lot of the pleasure around there is exploring the places that look like they're straight out of the 30' and 40's, if you prefer a particular type of food then you can find it all. The train from the station is easy to get but not at all handy for Kazimierz, it only stops at the main station, it would be about a 20 minute walk to Kazimierz from there, alternatively you can get a taxi quite cheaply from outside the station. Check out www.krakowtours.co.uk for more info.

- Posted by skibum from Poland on Jan 7th, 2010

thanks very much for your great advice,i think i will go for the taxi from the airport,yes love lager was actually drinking tyskie at xmas from my local tesco store,very good too!.i take it from your user name that you like winter sports,i am an avid snowboarder myself! ski on skibum,thanks again

- Posted by steve38b from Poland on Jan 8th, 2010

There are a few exceptions to the lager phenom ... Tyskie Dark comes to mind. It's not bad and a great alternative after a few pints of national lagers that really all taste the same. Here's some more info on Kazimierz ... http://www.cracow-life.com/poland/krakow-kazimierz and http://krakow-tours.com/kazimierz.php ... and

- Posted by groovesoop from Poland on Jan 8th, 2010

My advice to you regarding the journey from the airport to town would be to take the train to the city centre and then a taxi. My cousin insisted on taking a cab from the airport in November and it cost nearly 80zl, of course this was influenced by the traffic but still! The train is really handy to get to from the airport, less than a 5 min walk and there is also a handy shuttle bus that takes you to the train in a matter of seconds. The cost of the train is 6zl one way. Take a taxi from the train station to Kazimierz will cost less than 15zl on a good day. Enjoy Krakow :)

- Posted by eimear01 from Poland on Jan 8th, 2010

not shown