food/drink

can anyone tell me were you can get a good cheap meal in krakow as all my mate have told me food and drink can cost a very lot in krakow ......

- Posted by lainey from Poland on Jul 19th, 2009

Food from the stores is pretty cheap, but if you want a meal for not much money, try the Bar Mlecznas (cafeteria-style) or one of the many Kebab and pizza shops. For a bit more, you could try Koko restaurant on ul. Golebia, a street running parallel to the south end of the Rynek, just a block farther south. For 12-16 Zloty you get a great meal and it's big, too. Best part about Koko's is it's like home-made and they stay open late (early).

- Posted by groovesoop from Poland on Jul 19th, 2009

thanks for your help my mate told me it was 20zloty for a pint of beer and 100 zloty for a meal well she must have been takig the mick out of me thanks again

- Posted by lainey from Poland on Jul 20th, 2009

If you eat only on the square and order the most expensive beers and meals, then your friend was right. Nice to have a rich friend, huh?

- Posted by groovesoop from Poland on Jul 21st, 2009

20 zloty for a beer?!? That's Warsaw prices! Even on the Market Square you won't spend more than 10 on Polish beer (up to 15 on imports), while anywhere else the average price of beer is 7. Food-wise, you can eat quite well for under 50, and you'll find many places with a decent meal under 20 even.

- Posted by bildungsr0man from Poland on Jul 21st, 2009

Is Lainey real, or did someone need an excuse to plug Koko?

- Posted by bennox from Poland on Jul 21st, 2009

yes am real mate just ant been to krakow before there ant no need to take the piss out of me

- Posted by lainey from Poland on Jul 21st, 2009

Hi Always tried new places in Krakow when I visit but I don't know KoKo. I know the street ul. Golebia but not this place. Half the great places I have found have been in basements or above shops and are not always obvious due to lack of signs - not a bad thing I might add. Could someone let me know where exactly this place is on ul. Golebia. I know its not that big but neither my wife or I have seen it. I did look on the places to eat guide on this forum but could not find it here either. Over next week so would like to try then if possible. Thanks

- Posted by Gregheath from Poland on Jul 22nd, 2009

Look for something like an iron barrel hanging from a door ... go inside the passage and up the 2-3 stairs ... it will be on the right ... let your nose lead you :)

- Posted by groovesoop from Poland on Jul 22nd, 2009

thanks a lot 4ur help

- Posted by lainey from Poland on Jul 22nd, 2009

not shown