Places to go? people to see?

Hi Me and a few friends are coming to Krakow at the end of October, just wanted to know the best places to go and if its going to be very busy or not? we are only going to be there 3 nights starting on a monday? do people party midweek?

- Posted by sussexbourne from Poland on Oct 16th, 2008

now that the students have returned to town, you can fully expect a great party, any day of the week! the drink section here at cracow life has lots of great suggestions for places to visit, but i would stick to in and around the main market square, and plac nowy in kazimierz. i wouldn't expect many tourists, but a lot of locals :)

- Posted by odenan from Poland on Oct 16th, 2008

Hey sussexbourne, you'll have a great time here! It's true that there will be a lot of students and locals out and about at that time. If you're after a nightclub head for Prozak on the Monday night for their "Mixer" night. Or head for Ministerstwo on Tuesday. Enjoy yourselves over here, and just try to not look too much like British stags otherwise you might get turned away from some of the clubs! Enjoy! Legendary!

- Posted by legendary from Poland on Oct 20th, 2008

Thanks for your replies just another question whats the rules on fancy dress in the city? are we going to be turned away from everywhere we go?

- Posted by sussexbourne from Poland on Oct 23rd, 2008

Hey Sussexbourne, you wouldn't be the first Brits to come over here in fancy dress, but don't expect to be allowed into any of the clubs to be honest. Most clubs don't look to kindly on groups of British guys, so walking around in fancy dress just makes you even more obvious. ;-) Best tip is to dress smartly and then when you want to get into a club, go in two's so that you don't look like a big group! Having said all that, if you want to wonder around the city in fancy dress, then you'll get a few grins and laughs from locals, but also remember this is a very Catholic country and city, so the older locals may not be so impressed! Sure you'll have a great time here! Enjoy! Legendary!

- Posted by legendary from Poland on Oct 23rd, 2008

not shown