English Banned?

Hi, One of my friends has recently come back from Krakow(Cracow), and informed me that due to lots of trouble with groups of english people, subsequently we (English) are barred from most(all) pubs in Krakow. Is this true or are they trying to wind me up???? Quite important as 15 of us are going on a stag do. Thanks CJ

- Posted by chrisjarvis from Poland on Mar 17th, 2008

Hi Chris, Don't worry about this at all - stupid local politicians are making a mountain out of a molehill! There are quite a lot of stag groups especially at the weekends, and I haven't heard of any pub or bar refusing entry to potential customers! I reckon they are just trying to scare a few people off! Of course, if your group become rowdy, every place does have the right to turf you our, but it's the same everywhere in the world! Enjoy!

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Mar 19th, 2008

Haven't seen or heard of any real problems at all. have fun!

- Posted by soccerstar from Poland on Mar 26th, 2008

It's best to stick to the bigger clubs and pubs that are traditionally more stag-friendly, like the Irish Mbassy or Cien or Frantic, because some smaller bars do have "No Stag Groups" signs up, and it's hard to find a table for 15 people in a smaller place anyway!

- Posted by djsilence from Poland on Mar 27th, 2008

Indeed, due to some past incidents involving English-speaking stag partiers some clubs had had a ban on stag party pub crawlers. Some, however, will be more than welcome to host even the wackiest lads for a night of great fun. It all depends on a particular club's policy. We recommend a Local Life search for clubs that host stag nights and booking a table/tables in advance to avoid disappointment. Regards!

- Posted by Editor from Poland on Aug 30th, 2013

not shown