Cost of living in Warsaw?

Hi all, i was offered a job in Warsaw with a salary of about 11000-12000 Zloty/month. i am considering moving there with my wife and i would like to ask some info about the cost of living in Warsaw. Is the salary mentioned considered a good one? Can i rent an appartment and live a normal life with tha money? What is the average cost of accomodation and daily expenses? Thanks in advance for your time. Nick

- Posted by nick73 from Poland on Aug 26th, 2011

Hi, the salary is very good. On average people earn here about 3500 so yours is more than enough.To rent a 1-bed flat in a new built block in the center would be around 2500-3000 plus maintenance charge about 600.Bills wont be moore than 600 a month.Public transport-about 240 for a 3month pass, taxis 1.60-2.40 per kilometer, eating out- 60-120 for two adults

- Posted by pinkalligator from Poland on Aug 26th, 2011

It's more than enough to live in Warsaw.

- Posted by Maikeja from Poland on Aug 26th, 2011

Nick: http://www.esebop.pl/BecomeAMember.aspx Be in touch.

- Posted by Shadow from Poland on Aug 27th, 2011

Thank you all, i just want to make sure that quiting my current job and moving to Warsaw is worth it. Also is Warsaw a safe city to live?

- Posted by nick73 from Poland on Aug 27th, 2011

very safe indeed safer than the UK not as many drunks, or fights and no riots !!

- Posted by bluestaple from Poland on Aug 27th, 2011

by the way that salary is a good one, you'll live well here on that! they'll be many a jealous expat!!

- Posted by bluestaple from Poland on Aug 27th, 2011

It all depends on the area where you gonna live. The best will be to live very close to Centrum.

- Posted by Maikeja from Poland on Aug 29th, 2011

the top addresses in the city center are Chlodna 48 (Meridian) and Platinum Towers at Grzybowska Street

- Posted by pinkalligator from Poland on Sep 5th, 2011

I think it's a good salary - but it depends how you live and what you spend money on + if you want to save or not. Will your wife be working as well? Food (grocery shopping) here is expensive.

- Posted by KasiaBasia from Poland on Sep 9th, 2011

Talking about a normal life. Go out a few times a month for drinks/food like most people do. The rest of my expenses will be at supermarkets and regular bills. Wife is not working :(

- Posted by nick73 from Poland on Sep 9th, 2011

not shown