Krakow to Zakopane

My boyf and I are going to Krakow for a few days in Octber before spending the weekend in Zakopane. Im trying to check trains etc to and from Zakopane, but can't seem to make sense of the pricing (26 PLN to Zakopane and 105 PLN back) Can anyone help?!?

- Posted by Theresa from Poland on Apr 5th, 2011

You're probably right with the train tickets being around 20-ish zloty although tbh I dont remember exactly, you'll just have to ask at the station when you get to Krakow :) 105zl is scandalous, though!! For heavens sake, don't pay that!! Unless the prices have gone up in the last year or so since I was last there, I am pretty sure the bus is only around 10zl each way, and i find it a quite comfortable ride so that might be an option for you! Surprisingly, it was also quicker than the train. Busses leave regularly (every 30 min or so) throughout the day and you buy your ticket from the driver upon boarding. Bus station is right behind the train station so it's equally convenient. no fuss no muss! If you're not going to krakow until October, there's no sense in stressing about it now :) Just know that tickets to Zakopane are readily available and very easily affordable for just about any budget! just take care of it when you arrive :)

- Posted by r0ck0n from Poland on Apr 5th, 2011

Hi there! Lucky you spending time in Zakopane and Krakow in October. If the weather is dry you are in for a treat. I was there with my Aunties in October 2008 and it was 24 degrees, the Autumnal colours were amazing. Its also a great time of year to see Morskie Oko lake in the beautiful Tatra mountains. I would advise that you take the bus to Zakopane. The cost is around 18zl, they leave hourly and are much faster than the train. As the last poster said the bus station is very close to the train station and is sign posted all the way. You can even pay the bus drive on the bus without having to deal with the "iron ladies" behind the glass in the bus station. Good luck and enjoy!

- Posted by Eimear01 from Poland on Apr 7th, 2011

Thanks a mill for all the advice. Looks like the bus is the way to go! I've been to Krakow before so pretty sure I know where the bus station is. Didn't get a chance to see Zakoopane though so it's definitely the highlight of this trip!

- Posted by Theresa from Poland on Apr 7th, 2011

Dear Theresa I went to Krakow and Zakopane in January. Initially I thought I will hire a car, but my girlfriend didn't allow. We took the bus. It was cheap, comfortable and have frequent connections. I will go back again, it is a beautiful place to visit. I took some pictures, feel free to have a look and comment. http://www.dhrubatamuli.com/p1036486427/e2f677423#h2f677423 Or http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dhruba-Tamuli-Photography/150635549560 Have a great time there. Dhruba

- Posted by djtamuli from Poland on Apr 15th, 2011

I thnk you shouldn't travel by train... There are a lot of, really, a lot of buses from Krakow to Zakopane. They are: cheap, comfortable and fast. Yet, if you still want to go by train the tickets are around 20 zl so do not overpay:) Where are you going to stay in Krakow? If you need some advice or information you can write to me: anunia1985@gmail.com

- Posted by anunia1985 from Poland on Apr 20th, 2011

not shown