Zakopane - on one day?

Hi! I have seen numerous companies offering day trips to Zakopane. I won't have the opportunity to go there for a longer time, e.g. for hiking. So right now I'm wondering if this trips are worth going, or if it's just a tour to state you have been there. Would anyone recommend going there just for a single day?

- Posted by jurek82 from Poland on Sep 24th, 2009

Zakopane is great for walks and skiing, neither of which can be done very much in a day trip.

- Posted by skibum from Poland on Sep 24th, 2009

The only thing you'd be able to see in one day would be the city centre, which is cute and quaint but not really worth the 2-hour trip, unless you want to go skiing as well.

- Posted by bildungsr0man from Poland on Sep 24th, 2009

Actually, it turned out I got an opportunity to join a trip organized by a language school for just 30 zl. so I gave it a try as there was not much to lose. We were walking uphill (not starting from Zakopane, but another place close where the bus dropped us) for around 2-3h through the forest, then visited a nice lake. Scenery and weather were beautiful. Later we went to Zakopane, but just for very little time, so I can't say anything about the city, but the surroundings are great. I think if the trip is organized well and you are not dilly-dallying while walking, I can recommend going for one day if there is no possibility to go for a longer time.

- Posted by jurek82 from Poland on Sep 27th, 2009

not shown