Schindlers Factory

When I was in Cracow back in May 2009 I did not have time to view inside the factory.Is the factory "fully open" now and as informative as hoped for?

- Posted by BigTone from Poland on Sep 9th, 2009

I was there a couple of weeks ago, it was open but there was a lot of work going on, i believe it is closing again some time this month to complete the renovation, sorry but i have no idea how long this is going to take.

- Posted by bazzag from Poland on Sep 9th, 2009

The Museum planned to open the Factory in September but i think it wll be at least a month delay. http://mhk.pl/oddzialy/fabryka_schindlera

- Posted by asiulka from Poland on Sep 10th, 2009

The museum was supposed to be open in either September or November, but as it's September now I guess they chose the November date.

- Posted by bildungsr0man from Poland on Sep 11th, 2009

We went to Schindler's Factory which is open to read info from wall posters. The factory is closed on a Monday but open 10-5 other days. About 5 zloty each to get in. After reading accounts of who owned factory, Schindler etc from boards on ground floor, you can walk up steps (seen in the film) and watch/listen to an televised account by one man who worked there. Lots of work going on around building too. Not sure when it will close for the museum to open.

- Posted by Susan0709 from Poland on Sep 14th, 2009

Technically, the date was moved back to November, but always expect the unexpected. ie, it could be January. But the project looks worth the wait....

- Posted by cracker from Poland on Sep 30th, 2009

not shown