parking ideas

Does anyone have any ideas as to the best place to park my car in Krakow. We will be staying at an apartment in Slawkowska next May and need to find a parking place for a week. Any ideas?

- Posted by rogerdan from Poland on Sep 6th, 2009

we usually park on karmelicka street (if you are driving towards the old town there is a parking on the left side, after batorego street). i heard once there was undergound parking on garbarska street but im not sure if that still exisits. cracow-life has something on their site: http://www.cracow-life.com/poland/krakow-parking-zones

- Posted by kriminal from Poland on Sep 7th, 2009

The parking gets cheaper the further you go away from the centre of town. If you won't be using your car in the week you're in Krakow, try the guarded car park in the old Austro-Hungarian fort just north of the Nowy Kleparz market - it's a 10-15 min walk from Slawkowska and far cheaper for long term rates than anything else I've found nearer the centre.

- Posted by spoony from Poland on Sep 7th, 2009

Thank you gentlemen, these suggestions are very helpful. I am staying at one of the apartments just off the rynek, and there is no parking there. Hopefully I can get the car close enough to unload our luggage. Once again, thanks for your help. I am most grateful to you and to Kriminal for your advice and local knowledge. Dzienkuje bardzo za pomoc.

- Posted by rogerdan from Poland on Sep 8th, 2009

not shown