Mobile Phones

Hello everyone, Myself and a friend are visiting Cracow in a weeks time and are arriving from different countries. Does anyone know if a UK O2 mobile phone works in Cracow? Many thanks, Jimbo

- Posted by jimbojones from Poland on Aug 26th, 2009

Yes indeed, you Jetset, assuming you have roaming set up.

- Posted by bennox from Poland on Aug 26th, 2009

Thank you Bennox. I've heard great things about Cracow and I'm looking forward to my visit. Does anyone have any reviews on the Holiday Inn hotel? Thanks,

- Posted by jimbojones from Poland on Aug 26th, 2009

is it the holiday inn express your going to?

- Posted by lainey from Poland on Aug 27th, 2009

Hi Lainey, No, it's the Holiday Inn city centre, Thanks,

- Posted by jimbojones from Poland on Aug 27th, 2009

Tripadvisor.com has over 10 reviews of that hotel.

- Posted by bennox from Poland on Aug 28th, 2009

buy a simcard so cheap including calls i,m on heyah or get a carrefore supermarket simcard you buy buys everywhere

- Posted by paulinuk from Poland on Aug 31st, 2009

O2 works fine in Krakow, mine worked straight away and I don't remember ever contacting O2 to inform them of my travels! Ran on the ERA network I think!

- Posted by philoldham from Poland on Aug 31st, 2009

Thanks for all your replies, Jimbo

- Posted by jimbojones from Poland on Sep 1st, 2009

its cheap here if you buy a polish simcard as long as your mobile is not locked,u can get it unlocked here fairly cheaply i have used a polish simcard for the last 10years ,go for heyah/play/or carrefore supermarket.roaming is very exspensive. heyah simcard is 20 zloty with 20 zl of calls or sms.and if your on 02 online u can send 10 free sms,s every month in uk

- Posted by paulinuk from Poland on Sep 1st, 2009

pity your not going to the stary much nicer and a few metres from main square

you can get heyah simcard upstairs in sklep,at the airport.20zl

Like said before, if your phone is unlocked its alot cheaper to buy a Polish started pack and use that. But if your just going to call once or twice to england, and you have roaming then it would cost you very little, so dont bother with polish sim cards

- Posted by panda123 from Poland on Sep 1st, 2009

not shown