Lodging...

My wife and I are visiting from San Diego at the end of September. Can someone reccomend a moderately priced hotel walking distance to the main sights? This is a great website. I like that you all help and look out for each other. Thanks!

- Posted by SanDiegoGreg from Poland on Jul 28th, 2009

Try the hotel Ascot, within 5 minutes from the main square, take a look at the reviews on this site.

- Posted by bazzag from Poland on Jul 29th, 2009

Thanks, Bazzag, I'll check it out. Cheers.

- Posted by SanDiegoGreg from Poland on Jul 29th, 2009

Hey there, What means moderately priced? there are several appartments available at www.krakow-apartments.com If you are a good negociator, you can get a good price and the appartments are right in the middle of the old city and are very pretty. check the website. phoebe

- Posted by phoebe from Poland on Jul 30th, 2009

i would warn you a bit as i've noticed that some moderately prices hotels are still of lower standard then i would expect in the states. id also recommend ascot - amber - pod wawelem... these are hotels that are relatively new and their rooms/lobbies are of slightly different standard then say the jan - saski... although the saski is quite beautiful.

- Posted by kriminal from Poland on Jul 31st, 2009

Hotel Maltanski is great. Should be on this site.

- Posted by Kraken from Poland on Jul 31st, 2009

Kraken it is!!!! http://www.cracow-life.com/sleep/hotels_details/211-Hotel_Maltanski

- Posted by kriminal from Poland on Jul 31st, 2009

Thanks for all the suggestions. What is the best way to get from Prague to Cracow? We've looked at the train, and plane schedules... Would anyone suggest renting a car and driving? Any driving hazzards that might discourage someone from the states? We drove while in Italy 3 years ago, and it was a blast!

- Posted by SanDiegoGreg from Poland on Jul 31st, 2009

From Prague to Cracow, it took me 9 hours as the slowakian and czech roads are on works.We got lost as signs were not present and some roads closed.Deviations brought us in the countryside field in a dead end as other drivers from this area.But we found by luck the right way.GPS could not help. I would suggest you to go by train to Zakopane First.Stay few days there .Check www.zakopane-life.com.Great city in the mountain , to discover an other culture and style than Cracow, beautiful as well.I can offer you accomodation in Zakopane.So if you are interested, please do reply to this comment. How long will you be in Poland after visiting Prague?For Cracow, i can have contact:are you looking for bed and breakfast in hotel/pension or a private exclusive apartment? Look for hearing from you

- Posted by zabojat from Poland on Aug 3rd, 2009

Hi Zabojat, Thanks for the info. We've decided to take the train and not hassle with driving. It sounds like you had an adventure. We will only be in Cracow for 3 days, and we've found a nice flat there. Thanks for all the advice. -Greg

- Posted by SanDiegoGreg from Poland on Aug 3rd, 2009

Hi Greg.So you will take train from Prague to Cracow?Do you know the stops of your train?in case will you stop in Zakopane?stay there for few days?or not enough time, just 3 days in Cracow?otherwise, next time, if you come to Zakopane, check www.ogrodygorskie.pl.Cheers

- Posted by zabojat from Poland on Aug 5th, 2009

not shown