First time in Krakow!

Hi all, new to the site and going to Krakow with a friend in July. We are going for 4 days (sun to thurs) is the nightlife ok during the week? Where is the best place for cheap beer/food? Best place to exchange currency? And any other tips for a 1st timer would be very welcome.. Much appreciated...

- Posted by Judge666 from Poland on Apr 22nd, 2009

Hi Judge666.By the time you have looked at all the sections on this site, I would say you'll find most of the answers to your questions. I am going out to Krakow in May for my second visit as I did not see enough last year! If you locate your hotel on the map then head to the main square, I doubt if you will be dis-appointed when looking for food & drink on the way. One thing I would say is that if your hotel is near the train station then just get the train from the airport. It will only cost 6 Zlotys and is hassle free. If you are posh then get a taxi!! Regards. BigTone

- Posted by BigTone from Poland on Apr 23rd, 2009

Cheers Big Tone! we have already payed for the transfer to and from the airport so thats sorted. Hope you have a god time in may and look forward to your report on here when you return..

- Posted by Judge666 from Poland on Apr 24th, 2009

My family will be coming to Crakow in May for the first time. My 17 y/o son will be looking for a football (soccer) game to play. Anyone know where he can find one? In America, they have "pick up" games in the local parks where anyone can join in. Do they have anything like that in Crakow?

- Posted by soccerfan from Poland on May 2nd, 2009

yeah, some pick-up games, but you better bring your A-game ... even very young boys here seem to have more skills than most American players

- Posted by groovesoop from Poland on May 7th, 2009

Hi There Been going to Krakow with my wife for the last 3 years/3 times a year and still love it. Back again in July also. Regarding food and drink take your pick. My advice is head off and get lost in the back streets/court yards as the best places are the hardest to find. Same with the bars. If you get stuck find a student - they are always polite and helpful and tend to know the latest trends. Enjoy.

- Posted by Gregheath from Poland on May 26th, 2009

I agree completely with Gregheath and Judge666. As well, I would recommend you the restaurant "chłopskie jadło" ulica(street)Grodzka 9, 31-006 Kraków‎ /next to the Main Square.Great food at affordable price. As well, if you have more time , why not coming to Zakopane(if you do not already know)for great sighseeing,trekking easy or difficult in valley or high mountains, discovering an other culture of polish Highlander /and skiing in winter. Enjoy visiting beautiful Krakow and welcome very soon to Zakopane!

- Posted by lolozabojat1 from Poland on May 27th, 2009

Hi lolozabojat1 My wife and Im will be visiting Zakopane in July/August. Could you suggest any places to eat. The last time I was there was about 2 years ago and I believe it has changed quiet a lot. Any suggestions helpful Greg

- Posted by Gregheath from Poland on Jun 8th, 2009

not shown