Krakow derby...

Hi Folks, I am visiting this coming weekend with some friends. We were going to try to take in a football match, but I have been warned that this game is dangerous? I've just been to Rangers v Celtic, so I am used to a ceratin amount of hostility... Will the city centre be less friendly due to this game? Could you also advise what the current exchange rate is in Krakow? The best I can get here is at the Post Office - 4.7 / £... Is it better to wait and change currency in Krakow? Thanks for any advice.. :-)

- Posted by CharmingMan from Poland on Mar 16th, 2009

Hi there! Shouldn't be a problem as long as you are sensible and I don't suggest wearing local team scarves, kit etc etc. As for exchanging your money, only do this once you arrive (not at the airport!) In the city there are a lot of places to change your cash (NOT Scottish pounds, though!) and the rate is closer to 5 at present. Cheers, take care and enjoy! Jabber

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Mar 16th, 2009

Thanks Jabber....much appreciated :-)

- Posted by CharmingMan from Poland on Mar 16th, 2009

Seems like the rate has dropped to around 4.85 in the last couple of days - just thought you might like to know..... hopefully it will bounce back again before your trip! Regards, Jabber

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Mar 17th, 2009

not shown